CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

4 posters

Just admitting it makes it easier!

G3o
    G3o
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Just admitting it makes it easier!  Empty Just admitting it makes it easier!

Post by G3o Wed 09 Jan 2013, 6:27 pm

My names Geo, I live in wiltshire and ... ... *Deep breath* I'm addicted to bikes!

I've been riding coming up to 3 years and not a single one of my bikes has stayed standard for more than a week after I got it!
    I started out on an Apilia RS125 which i blew up multiple times and did so much work to a list would take up several pages! In the end managed to squeeze just over 36BHP out of, up from the standard 25-26.

I then sold that after it blew up one to many times and bought myself an FZR 400 3EN1 EXUP. It was a bike on my bucket list and i only kept it for a few months in which time I completely rewired the bikes, reworked the airbox to improve flow, converted the rear shock to a CBR600rr, converted to a 17" rear wheel and made up some adjustable fork caps for. That was then sold due to not wanting to ruin one of my favorite bikes of all time though excessive tinkering and I bought my current steed!

This is how the bike stood when i first bought it :

Just admitting it makes it easier!  2012-08-06155714

It was an ex-school bike with just over 40k miles on the clock. It was almost completely standard and hadn't been ridden for over 2 years. My first experience on it was about 10ft from where i picked it up, it was raining after a dry spell, pulled onto a roundabout got a bit over enthusiastic with the throttle on the way round and span up the rear wheel resulting in a rather marvelous drift. All thanks to rock solid and very old tyres.

And this is how it stands now:

Just admitting it makes it easier!  2012-12-21101131_zpsd279bd1a

A lot of work has gone into the bike and there is plenty more still to come. If people are interested then i will stick up a thread of the project up to now and then carry it on as i continue work on the bike. Already got a project thread on a couple of other forums :]

ta'ra for now

Just admitting it makes it easier!  Empty Re: Just admitting it makes it easier!

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 7:41 pm

Welcome to the club mate! Smile

You definitely won't be missed on a dull day with that paint colour! Wink

I do like the look of the belly pans, do keep us posted with your progress!
    davetheworv
    davetheworv
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Just admitting it makes it easier!  Empty Re: Just admitting it makes it easier!

Post by davetheworv Wed 09 Jan 2013, 8:45 pm

i tried one of them belly pans but it wouldnt go round my fat tummy

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 9:37 pm

davetheworv wrote:i tried one of them belly pans but it wouldnt go round my fat tummy

Good for catching escape peanuts.
    davetheworv
    davetheworv
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by davetheworv Thu 10 Jan 2013, 6:08 am

lol none ever escape my mouth
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Thu 10 Jan 2013, 12:17 pm

Hello.

Keep us posted - it will be interesting to see how it turns out!
    badseeds
    badseeds
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by badseeds Thu 10 Jan 2013, 6:47 pm

I don't like it. At the moment........

Definitely start a thread. We like tinkering, in this parish.

Welcome to the forum by the way! I had a miserable experience of despatching in London on a friend's 1987 FZR400RRSP EXUP for one day...... Never again. Ever. It was a cracking bike on the right road, mind.
    G3o
    G3o
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by G3o Thu 10 Jan 2013, 7:25 pm

Thanks for the welcome all :] Nice to see people have a sense of humor!

There is a thread up in the diaries, blogs and articles section i wasn't entirely sure where to put it, but it seemed most appropriate :]

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 7:42 pm

G3o wrote:Thanks for the welcome all :] Nice to see people have a sense of humor!

There is a thread up in the diaries, blogs and articles section i wasn't entirely sure where to put it, but it seemed most appropriate :]

Good man Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 02 May 2024, 4:50 am