CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

+3
Stormy
Beresford
V Saarela
7 posters

[solved]bike battery

GINGER
    GINGER
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Solved [solved]bike battery

Post by GINGER Tue 15 Jan 2013, 3:58 pm

Hello Guys and Gurls ,

Today I was going to ride into wwork on my cb500 and it would not start and the battery ran flat .. So I decided to buy another battery for it a Yuasa ytx9-bs ... from a motorbike part shop ... are they easy to fit ..... ? for a novice mechanic ....

Ps .. just had new front pipes and restrictors took off my cb 500 rides like ( when she starts ) a dream

ta Ginger x
    V Saarela
    V Saarela
    Scratcher!
    Scratcher!

Solved Re: [solved]bike battery

Post by V Saarela Tue 15 Jan 2013, 5:10 pm

It´s easy to replace.
    Under saddle you have a box(nr 6)

In box there are also a cover(nr3) for the battery. Take of the bolt nr 23...

[solved]bike battery F__2300

How was your bike restriced?
    GINGER
    GINGER
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by GINGER Tue 15 Jan 2013, 6:29 pm

it was the 33bhp thingy ...... So I got a full bike licence now Laughing

£200 quid to get it restriced and they look like two big washers any how thanks for the info for the bike battery ... ta Ginger x
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Thu 17 Jan 2013, 5:44 pm

GINGER wrote:it was the 33bhp thingy ...... So I got a full bike licence now Laughing

£200 quid to get it restriced and they look like two big washers any how thanks for the info for the bike battery ... ta Ginger x

I got the same on ebay for £45, and even that is thievery for what you get. My local Honda dealer wanted about £400 to restrict the bike !!!!!!!
    Stormy
    Stormy
    Four's a...something...
    Four's a...something...

Awesome!

Post by Stormy Fri 18 Jan 2013, 1:45 pm

I think I need a new battery as well, doesn't like starting in the cold and going flat (well I was running heated grips and heated gloves that day!). Any recommendations on any particular make or are they all as good as each other?
    highland twin
    highland twin
    Scratcher!
    Scratcher!

Post by highland twin Fri 18 Jan 2013, 3:36 pm

I wouldent look far past yuasa well proven battery and most new motorbikes have theese on, They can be slightly dearer than other brands but last much longer, saying that there is a new one on ebay at the moment for £30.90 and free p&p which is only about a tenner dearer than the cheaper brands.
    GINGER
    GINGER
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by GINGER Fri 18 Jan 2013, 5:43 pm

Stormy wrote:I think I need a new battery as well, doesn't like starting in the cold and going flat (well I was running heated grips and heated gloves that day!). Any recommendations on any particular make or are they all as good as each other?

Well the battery I got is a Yuasa YTX9-BS 12v, 8 Ah I paid 54.99 for mine but as Highland Twin says you can get cheaper from the might Bay and the fitting was really easy , and I am a completely novice doing things like that ......! As with the battery you have to add in the acid yourself which is a bit scary. I think you can get Gel batterys which are better etc but you pays whats you get !

ta Ginger x have fun

p.s next job is front brake pads change wooo i fastly becoming a spanner jocky
    V Saarela
    V Saarela
    Scratcher!
    Scratcher!

Post by V Saarela Sat 19 Jan 2013, 6:53 am

I use and buy only Yuasa(Japan) batteries. I´m tired of cheep batterys which getting bad at once you empty it.
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Mon 21 Jan 2013, 3:57 pm

[quote="highland twin"]I wouldent look far past yuasa well proven battery /quote]

Maybe Boeing wouldn't agree with you !!!
    davetheworv
    davetheworv
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by davetheworv Mon 21 Jan 2013, 5:05 pm

you could have got a motobatt for less than that and they are just about the best you can buy. my sprint fires easily with the motobatt and everyone in the sprint forum raves about them,plus they are glass mat technology so no messing with acid

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 5:50 pm

I agree with davetheworv, fitted a Motobatt on my suzuki,brilliant battery, as soon as my cb needs a new one it,ll be a motobatt,
    cb1300rider
    cb1300rider
    Four's a...something...
    Four's a...something...

Post by cb1300rider Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:14 am

Sorry to hijack an old thread. The chappy who was having problems starting his bike, did the new battery cure the problem? I am having difficulties at the moment myself.
    GINGER
    GINGER
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by GINGER Thu 14 Mar 2013, 8:12 pm

cb1300rider wrote:Sorry to hijack an old thread. The chappy who was having problems starting his bike, did the new battery cure the problem? I am having difficulties at the moment myself.

Yes it did ! Started up straight away lots of life !

Ginger x

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 5:38 pm