CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

3 posters

Bars

ows
    ows
    Scratcher!
    Scratcher!

Bars Empty Bars

Post by ows Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:43 am

Hey all

Just a question to ask if anyone is running aftermarket bars (i.e. renthals) on their bike and any feedback at all?  The bars on my bike are slightly tapered and I prefer a slightly wider more upright stance.

Cheers

Ows
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Bars Empty Re: Bars

Post by jerryfudd Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:45 am

wider and taller...... that's a difficult combination.

i'm running 'ultra low' renthals and the loss in height lends itself to the gain in width without having to swap out any cables.

Dan
    ows
    ows
    Scratcher!
    Scratcher!

Post by ows Fri 30 Sep 2016, 12:02 pm

jerryfudd wrote:wider and taller...... that's a difficult combination.

i'm running 'ultra low' renthals and the loss in height lends itself to the gain in width without having to swap out any cables.

Dan

Aye sorry its difficult to explain without it sounding like a contradiction - I think the setup I am looking for is rotated slightly forward to the setup I currently have.

I will take a look at the ultra low renthals, thank you for the comment  study

Ows
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd Fri 30 Sep 2016, 12:41 pm

it's not a contradiction, just a harder combination to achieve as you may have to set your switchgear inboard and get longer control cables
    ows
    ows
    Scratcher!
    Scratcher!

Post by ows Fri 30 Sep 2016, 12:55 pm

Noted - You dont happen to have a photo of your bars installed "as sat" on the bike at all Mr Fudd?
    hh_12345
    hh_12345
    Mothra the Radioactive
    Mothra the Radioactive

Post by hh_12345 Fri 30 Sep 2016, 1:04 pm

I  use renthal ultra low and find them to be a perfect fit for me and the bike.

Prior to the ultra low I had renthal low installed. I find them to be also very comfortable, but  little too high, I felt the position to be a little too upright, like on a big enduro bike. Maybe that is what you are looking for.

The lows stretch all cables to the limit, but i managed to fit them without changing any cables and brake lines.

I think that both low and ultra low require rerouting of throttle and choke cables though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 4:42 pm