CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

+5
Tricky.
Jameshambleton
Baddi
jerryfudd
sullivj
9 posters

We're back!

liverpool_f_
    liverpool_f_
    the 900
    the 900

We're back! - Page 2 Empty Re: We're back!

Post by liverpool_f_ Sun 30 Oct 2016, 8:00 pm

Hi all. I am not that well informed about web admin but is it possible for any of the admin/moderator guys to download all the content of the forum incase there is a problem with renewing the domain. If all the info got lost that would be a terrible shame.

Also, I appreciate that the Facebook page is for temporary information provisions, but I do thoroughly hate Facebook and I have resisted all pressure to use it thus far in life. Keeping it temporary would be my preference by far!
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Sun 30 Oct 2016, 8:09 pm

The domain and the forum itself are, essentially, two separate things, so the fact that the domain has expired shouldn't be able to impact the integrity of the forum.

The forum is hosted by a company called 'forumotion' (https://www.forumotion.com/), so, ultimately, the security of the information held within the forum is up to them.  Apparently they do backups Smile

I don't know, for example, if we could 'rip' the forum data from them and go somewhere else; I suspect it wouldn't be that easy - mind you, we've had good service from them for the last six (or so) years, so I don't think we would do this unless forced to.
    Jameshambleton
    Jameshambleton
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Jameshambleton Sun 30 Oct 2016, 8:22 pm

I've noticed recently we've had a constant 50+users (including guests) but now without the main domain its about 17ish
    liverpool_f_
    liverpool_f_
    the 900
    the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ Sun 30 Oct 2016, 8:30 pm

Thanks for the into ET. I had fears of the lights going out if communications couldn't be made with distant members! Also, as James says, I only found out the forum was still here when I clicked the highbb link on the redirect page, thinking it was a difference cb500 forum. I needed a cb fix.
    Jameshambleton
    Jameshambleton
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Jameshambleton Mon 31 Oct 2016, 2:10 pm

Has anyone contacted Dan/spitonyourgrave22 about the domain?
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd Mon 31 Oct 2016, 3:38 pm

Jameshambleton wrote:Has anyone contacted Dan/spitonyourgrave22 about the domain?

https://cb500.forumotion.com/t4876-we-re-back#44453
    Jameshambleton
    Jameshambleton
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Jameshambleton Mon 31 Oct 2016, 5:03 pm

jerryfudd wrote:

Jameshambleton wrote:Has anyone contacted Dan/spitonyourgrave22 about the domain?

http://www.cb500club.net/t4876-we-re-back#44453

completely missed that post  scratch

Yay, main domain is back as are visitor numbers! thanks @spitonyourgrave22
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Mon 31 Oct 2016, 7:21 pm

I've just spent the weekend being locked out as it said that the site / domain had expired. I tried the highbb approach and I was informed that my username / password were incorrect and an attempt to get a new password was "incorrect password". Now all is well and the sun shineth !!!
    What happened ?
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Mon 31 Oct 2016, 7:38 pm

I
    spitonyourgrave22 wrote:All is back online. I have been away, but now everything is up and running. There is another year of domain and storage added too.

I think it would be wise for the moderators to have full admin access so they can make some executive decisions if I'm not around. I'm looking for a way to allow this.

Happy Halloween

Thanks for sorting out the renewal - much appreciated.
    Alvi
    Alvi
    Running out of unique names
    Running out of unique names

Post by Alvi Mon 31 Oct 2016, 8:26 pm

Beresford wrote:I've just spent the weekend being locked out as it said that the site / domain had expired. I tried the highbb approach and I was informed that my username / password were incorrect and an attempt to get a new password was "incorrect password". Now all is well and the sun shineth !!!
    What happened ?

This was also my experience. I must have missed the original outage, but I was following this thread from the beginning on CB500club.net unti weekend, when I got the domain expired error - so relieved to get back on tonight! I have never used fb, but registered over the weekend to try & find out what was happening. I couldn't find anything to help though - probably my own stupidity, but it does show it wouldn't be entirely successful relying on fb in the event of a domain loss or failure.
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Tue 01 Nov 2016, 9:08 am

spitonyourgrave22 wrote:I think it would be wise for the moderators to have full admin access so they can make some executive decisions if I'm not around. I'm looking for a way to allow this.

Definitely a good idea if you can.  I know it can be tricky for Mods to get in touch, and without you, there's not a great deal they can do to help.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 5:39 pm