CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

+3
sullivj
wornsprokets
ratatooie
7 posters

More chinese stuff

Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

More chinese stuff Empty More chinese stuff

Post by Beresford Thu 19 Jan 2017, 3:10 pm

OK. I admit it. I'm a sucker for stuff on ebay. Here are a few items I couldn't resist at the price.
    This throttle aid - 99p.
    More chinese stuff SAM_24651_zpss8cosq35
    Laser thermometer - £8. Great for checking exhaust temperatures to ensure even running.
    More chinese stuff SAM_24691_zpshuze0mwj
    and the big one. Adjustable handle bar. - under £30 !!!! The engineering is a bit Isambard Kingdom Brunel but it's amazingly well made and makes ordinary bars from Renthal and the like look hugely overpriced.
    More chinese stuff SAM_24611_zpsumpyqh5w
    and those were the delivered from China prices too !!
    ratatooie
    ratatooie
    Running out of unique names
    Running out of unique names

More chinese stuff Empty Re: More chinese stuff

Post by ratatooie Thu 19 Jan 2017, 4:37 pm

The Steering Handle looks intriguing! I'd be interested to see how you get on with it. Was this fleabay or Aliexpress?
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Thu 19 Jan 2017, 8:36 pm

ratatooie wrote:The Steering Handle looks intriguing! I'd be interested to see how you get on with it. Was this fleabay or Aliexpress?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125cc-7-8-Black-Motorcycle-Scooter-Adjustable-Steering-Handle-Bar-Handlebar/231986282465?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D40800%26meid%3D1053a61e910a42d9ae9da5ba6bf5b486%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D121817455264
    wornsprokets
    wornsprokets
    the 900
    the 900

Post by wornsprokets Thu 19 Jan 2017, 10:14 pm

Wow some amount of adjustment on those will they fit cb
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Thu 19 Jan 2017, 10:20 pm

I too am a sucker for Chinese eBay 'essentials'..!

This was my last 'must have' http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322180519120?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The bars look a little... 'Stephen Hawkin' if you don't mind me saying...
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Thu 19 Jan 2017, 10:51 pm

That gas torch looks good Sully. And the price !!!! Amazing.
    The bars I want to try as I suffer from wrist pain after a while on the bike if the grip is not at just the right angle.
    I'm trying it on my Tiger first to see how it works out. If good, I may get a second one for the CB. It's a bit fiddly to install, but can be positioned at any angle to suit ones preferences. Adjusting it in-situ is easy with an allen key.
    I have to agree that their looks are challenging.
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Fri 20 Jan 2017, 6:25 am

Beresford wrote:That gas torch looks good Sully. And the price !!!! Amazing.
    The bars I want to try as I suffer from wrist pain after a while on the bike if the grip is not at just the right angle.
    I'm trying it on my Tiger first to see how it works out. If good, I may get a second one for the CB. It's a bit fiddly to install, but can be positioned at any angle to suit ones preferences. Adjusting it in-situ is easy with an allen key.

Fair enough. Please let us know how you get on.

The gas torch is as good as it looks. I bought one for a mate too. I can't believe they deliver it for that price!
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Sun 22 Jan 2017, 2:08 pm

Beresford wrote:That gas torch looks good Sully. And the price !!!! Amazing.

If they stop the pain then it's probably worth the 'interesting' looks. You might be able to use them to find the correct position/angle and then get some custom bars fabricated as required - assuming the could make them accurately enough.
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Sun 22 Jan 2017, 4:29 pm

I did a trial fitting to the Tiger, and was able to find a comfortable angle etc for the grips. All the cables fitted with no problems, however, I had to abandon the installation for the moment as the brake line was too short. The installation is simple enough but my budget won't stretch to replacement lines of the right length just yet, and like everybody here I don't trust the cheap chinese ones !!!
    hh_12345
    hh_12345
    Mothra the Radioactive
    Mothra the Radioactive

Post by hh_12345 Thu 02 Feb 2017, 3:45 pm

Beresford wrote:
    Laser thermometer - £8. Great for checking exhaust temperatures to ensure even running.

Also a great tool for the nitro rc enthusiast Smile
    Jameshambleton
    Jameshambleton
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Jameshambleton Thu 02 Feb 2017, 8:22 pm

hh_12345 wrote:

Beresford wrote:

Also a great tool for the  nitro rc enthusiast Smile

That reminds me, at some point I should really get my nitro car working again soon.
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Thu 02 Feb 2017, 9:46 pm

I've been fiddling with the adjustable bars, which are more adjustable than I initially thought. And now I've worked out an installation that appears to use all the original switchgear wiring and brake lines.
    Unfortunately I haven't actually got it ready for a picture as I'm involved over the next few days with manning the MAG stand at the Eikon Centre motorcycle show in Lisburn.

I'll try and post up a piccy early next week.
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Sun 05 Feb 2017, 3:06 pm

This is the installation on the Tiger. It gives me better wrist comfort as the grips are now angled more downwards and backwards compared to the original bars.
    Incidentally, I have used a cut down CB500S bar for the yoke mounting rather than the straight tube the kit comes with  This enables the bars to clear the large humped tank.

More chinese stuff SAM_24791_zpsz8bd4u2i
    More chinese stuff SAM_24801_zpsl0wsunhl
    More chinese stuff SAM_24811_zpswpxk1vjz
    hh_12345
    hh_12345
    Mothra the Radioactive
    Mothra the Radioactive

Post by hh_12345 Wed 08 Feb 2017, 7:04 pm

Jameshambleton wrote:That reminds me, at some point I should really get my nitro car working again soon.

I rebuilt the engine and suspension on mine this winter. Really enjoyed working on it. Here's a pic of the engine taken apart.

More chinese stuff 30760157481_da04ec7f98_h

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 5:03 pm