CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

4 posters

What i use to remove wheel bearings

wornsprokets
    wornsprokets
    the 900
    the 900

What i use to remove wheel bearings Empty What i use to remove wheel bearings

Post by wornsprokets Sun 22 Jan 2017, 4:44 pm

I saw a guy on you tube other day (i think he forum member) having to use a dremel  to remove front wheel bearings......i use this an old plaster mixer paddle thats used in a drill it slightly flexis so no probs geting purchase on to bearing....ive done front and rear wheel bearings with this...and it probbably do headrace bearings tooWhat i use to remove wheel bearings 20170122_112622_zpsr7uyzxjb
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

What i use to remove wheel bearings Empty Re: What i use to remove wheel bearings

Post by eternally_troubled Tue 24 Jan 2017, 8:18 am

Good stuff. The best tools are the ones that your already have!

Unless your mixer paddle has some magic properties I'm not sure it will help too much with the head-race bearings - do have a go though - I am prepared to be proved wrong!
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

What i use to remove wheel bearings Empty Re: What i use to remove wheel bearings

Post by skyrider Tue 24 Jan 2017, 7:13 pm

do you think something like a solid metal cone would help to get them out, put the cone in and them tap the back end with a hammer
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Wed 25 Jan 2017, 2:45 pm

skyrider wrote:do you think something like a solid metal cone would help to get them out, put the cone in and them tap the back end with a hammer

Except the cone has to go through the inside hole of the bearing on the other side... which doesn't work... or have I missed what you are getting at?
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyrider Wed 25 Jan 2017, 6:59 pm

yes I think you are right there and I got it wrong Embarassed
    ANDYC
    ANDYC
    the 900
    the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC Wed 25 Jan 2017, 7:29 pm

I could be rocking the boat a little here Very Happy
    But I find that using one of these is perfect for the job. Of course if it's a once in a blue moon thing then just use an anchor bolt of the right size, tighten it up to the inner race and hit it from the opposite side.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-pcs-Inner-Bearing-Puller-Set-Kit-Remover-Blind-Internal-Slide-Hammer-35DI-/391667577539?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Wed 25 Jan 2017, 11:34 pm

ANDYC wrote:I could be rocking the boat a little here :D
    But I find that using one of these is perfect for the job. Of course if it's a once in a blue moon thing then just use an anchor bolt of the right size, tighten it up to the inner race and hit it from the opposite side.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-pcs-Inner-Bearing-Puller-Set-Kit-Remover-Blind-Internal-Slide-Hammer-35DI-/391667577539?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

It's no fun to post the correct tool for the job :)
    wornsprokets
    wornsprokets
    the 900
    the 900

Post by wornsprokets Sat 06 May 2017, 8:17 pm

Ive been working on my cb 500 s    as it was left up for years so....very bad front wheel bearing so once again old plastering mixing paddle came out again to knock old bad wheel bearings out and again did grand job
    What i use to remove wheel bearings 20170506_170806_zpsgfmldb5w
    Had  old bearing out an new ones in  20mins...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 5:02 pm