CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

4 posters

Finally on my CB500 - Few basic mods to improve comfort

waad_uk
    waad_uk

Finally on my CB500 - Few basic mods to improve comfort Empty Finally on my CB500 - Few basic mods to improve comfort

Post by waad_uk Wed 11 Jul 2018, 1:21 pm

Hey everyone!

Finally now riding my 1996 after completing my DAS course and really enjoying it.

I am using it for the daily commute, and have noticed a couple of areas I would like to improve the bike.

Firstly I am looking to add a basic screen - Are the Puig universal ones suitable or is there a better fit?

Second, I am 6'3 and have been told I look a bit cramped in the leg area. I must admit I feel cramped too, so was looking to start by lowering the pegs. Is the a kit for the CB500? I can produce my own, but looking for a quick fix. I may even try adding some foam to the seat.

Cheers,

Ed

Last edited by waad_uk on Wed 11 Jul 2018, 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Finally on my CB500 - Few basic mods to improve comfort Empty Re: Finally on my CB500 - Few basic mods to improve comfort

Post by Beresford Wed 11 Jul 2018, 1:50 pm

I'm the same height as you, so I use pegs like these
    Finally on my CB500 - Few basic mods to improve comfort S-l1600bought on ebay
    waad_uk
    waad_uk

Finally on my CB500 - Few basic mods to improve comfort Empty Re: Finally on my CB500 - Few basic mods to improve comfort

Post by waad_uk Wed 11 Jul 2018, 1:59 pm

Thanks Beresford - That looks like an option. Do they noticeably push your foot out further away from the bike? And are they specific to a particular bike or universal?
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Wed 11 Jul 2018, 5:47 pm

I think most Hondas have the same fitting, but these are specified as being for the CB500
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silver-CNC-Adjustable-Front-Rider-Foot-Pegs-For-Honda-CB500-S-96-99-00-01-02-03/263744776884?fits=UKM_Make%3AHonda&hash=item3d6869eab4:g:tVcAAOSwFOZbGkVk
    They are available in various colours but they tend to fade over time. Mine started out black, but are more brownish gold now.

Incidentally M&B do exactly the same thing for nearly £90 !
    I don't know about pushing your foot outwards, but depending on the lowered position you may need to consider a heel guard for the exhaust link pipe.
    turista
    turista
    Scratcher!
    Scratcher!

Post by turista Wed 11 Jul 2018, 7:35 pm

You can add some foam to the seat and improve confort without reducing lean angle limit. I find the pegs quite low already
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Wed 11 Jul 2018, 9:30 pm

turista wrote:You can add some foam to the seat and improve confort without reducing lean angle limit. I find the pegs quite low already
    I've actually done both lowered pegs and raised re-upholstered seat and the bike fits me nicely now.
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Thu 12 Jul 2018, 6:04 pm

Hello!

Do you mean this windscreen:

https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/windshields-low-for-round-headlights/windshield-naked?bike=5572

If so, I have one and it helps, but only a bit. Plus I am a bit shorter than you (I'm 5'8" tall), so there is less of me to stick over the top Wink

The screen *fits* fine...
    waad_uk
    waad_uk

Post by waad_uk Fri 13 Jul 2018, 10:11 pm

Thanks everyone. 

Yeah thats the type of screen I am considering  I will keep an eye out for a second hand one and give it a go, but won't expect too much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 5:27 pm