CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

5 posters

Alarm install

aron8867
    aron8867

Alarm install Empty Alarm install

Post by aron8867 Thu 19 Jul 2018, 3:28 pm

Can anyone help with instruction as to the wiring of an alarm trying to find out which wires i need to tap into on the bike loom for a datatool evo plus
    Bike is a 98 sport
    Any help would be apreciated
    Thanks
    Jameshambleton
    Jameshambleton
    the 900
    the 900

Alarm install Empty Re: Alarm install

Post by Jameshambleton Thu 19 Jul 2018, 3:57 pm

1 is that never install an alarm

2 Fit a hidden killswitch somewhere like under the seat, or an alarm system that doesn't cut into the loom.

3 I believe that there is a black wire that goes the the CDI and it it that wire that it uses.
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Thu 19 Jul 2018, 5:18 pm

Jameshambleton wrote:1 is that never install an alarm

2 Fit a hidden killswitch somewhere like under the seat, or an alarm system that doesn't cut into the loom.

3 I believe that there is a black wire that goes the the CDI and it it that wire that it uses.
    I have to agree with James on this. I have a Triumph that was fitted from new with a Datatool alarm and it is the most infuriating thing. Any light touch to the bike sets it off and the rigmarole at filling stations (or when working on the bike) is very aggravating. Generally, people just ignore alarms anyway, so you will be the only person who would take any action if it goes off. (if you are even nearby to hear it)
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Sun 22 Jul 2018, 8:23 pm

I can only second what the others have said: really don't fit an alarm!

The time and money you spend fitting one is not worth it. You might as well spend that money on a better chain and ground anchor (or similar mechanical security).

If you want something to 'make a noise' when your bike is moved then get an alarmed disc lock (look on ebay).

If you want to immobilise the bike (stop hotwiring/forcing the ignition switch) then put a hidden switch somewhere out of sight that keeps the ignition 'off' even if the ignition barrel is turned.

Also: if you want to get a datatool alarm for insurance reasons they won't accept one that you've installed yourself: to get 'thatcham level whatever' you need to have it installed by a pro or it's not valid (even if you do it right!).
    OldRocker
    OldRocker
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by OldRocker Wed 02 Jan 2019, 10:20 am

Think I am lucky, my bike cb500 f came with the Honda HISS, Datatag and Datatool TrackKing fitted.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 3:51 pm