CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

3 posters

Red CB500s stolen in Aberdeen

AndyM
    AndyM

Red CB500s stolen in Aberdeen Empty Red CB500s stolen in Aberdeen

Post by AndyM Wed 03 Oct 2018, 11:08 am

Hi

My son's CB500s 2001 was stolen a couple of weeks ago. It has been revovered and is currently in a storage facility. Hopefully the police will pay the release fee. On inspection the damage doesn't seem too bad and probably not worth claiming on insurance (excess and NCB hit). Will need ignition switch and seat lock at least. Don't suppose anyone has a good used set oherwise it might be replica from Wemoto

Andy
    ANDYC
    ANDYC
    the 900
    the 900

Mechanic

Red CB500s stolen in Aberdeen Empty Re: Red CB500s stolen in Aberdeen

Post by ANDYC Wed 03 Oct 2018, 4:48 pm

I may have a set Andy. 
    I'll check and let you know.
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Wed 03 Oct 2018, 5:45 pm

Beware of those "storage facilities". I'd double check that the police are covering the cost as I've heard of victims being charged an exorbitant amount for release of the vehicle, with the threat of crushing said vehicle if it is not paid in full.
    AndyM
    AndyM

Post by AndyM Wed 03 Oct 2018, 8:53 pm

Thanks Andy. If you have just PM me on here. Fair price and postage. Always a bit dubious of some of the EBay copies. Looks like it might be difficult to remove the old switch if snap off bolts securing it, found an old post on here. Impressed how helpful and active you guys are on this forum. I have made him aware that the storage charges can be high. Looks like the wires have been pulled out of the seitch and shorted. Under the seat to nick the tool kit. Could be worse. Thanks for the advice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 2:56 pm