CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

+3
twinwin
Jameshambleton
Blackscorpion
7 posters

Stainless steel exhaust?

Blackscorpion
    Blackscorpion
    Squiddy
    Squiddy

Stainless steel exhaust? Empty Stainless steel exhaust?

Post by Blackscorpion Wed 20 Mar 2019, 7:58 pm

I'm looking for a new stainless steel exhaust (downpipes and collector box section) for a Honda CB500(Y), dated 2001. Where can I get one and will one from Delkevic fit? It's £145 but listed as being for a CB500 'Sport'... Mine isn't a 'sport' version...
    Jameshambleton
    Jameshambleton
    the 900
    the 900

Stainless steel exhaust? Empty Re: Stainless steel exhaust?

Post by Jameshambleton Wed 20 Mar 2019, 8:02 pm

Yup, it be rite Very Happy
    Blackscorpion
    Blackscorpion
    Squiddy
    Squiddy

Post by Blackscorpion Wed 20 Mar 2019, 8:05 pm

Good to know! Thanks!
    twinwin
    twinwin

Post by twinwin Sat 13 Apr 2019, 12:31 pm

I bought the delkevic exhaust, and it fits My cb500 96' (naked model). I Could not fit the copper gasket that came with it though, Because the bolts could not reach the threads.

Anyone with suggestions?

I tried to flatten the gasket with a hammer, but it was not enough to get the bolts on.

I now fitted it wirhout the gasket, hoping that tightening the flange will Bent it little to make room for the gasket.

Last option is to remove sone material from the flange maling it thinner, or putting in New thread that are longer?

Post by Guest Sat 13 Apr 2019, 2:37 pm

twinwin wrote:I bought the delkevic exhaust, and it fits  My cb500 96' (naked model). I Could not fit the copper gasket that came with it though, Because the bolts could not reach the threads.

Anyone with suggestions?

I tried to flatten the gasket with a hammer, but it was not enough to get the bolts on.

I now fitted it wirhout the gasket, hoping that tightening the flange will Bent it little to make room for the gasket.  

Last option is to remove sone material from the flange maling it thinner, or putting in New thread that are longer?

Did you get the old gaskets out? They can appear to merge into the exhaust ports but if you have a dig, they will pop out.
    twinwin
    twinwin

Post by twinwin Sat 13 Apr 2019, 6:12 pm

I got it on.. With clamps and a crowbar. Also i hammered the copper gaskets down to around 2mm in thickness. I was close loosing the threads. ( And My mind) :p....

I did not notice Any gaskets.. Oh.. Maybe they were in there.. (duh) it surely looked like aluminium
    casting around the ports! O_o

I will check next time i change gaskets.

IT Looks good now. Stainless from engine to end of muffler.

twinwin
    twinwin

Post by twinwin Sat 13 Apr 2019, 6:18 pm

Stainless steel exhaust? Img_2010
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyrider Sat 13 Apr 2019, 6:49 pm

my 99 model sounded good with its delkevic silencer  Smile
    stormbringer
    stormbringer
    the 900
    the 900

Post by stormbringer Sun 14 Apr 2019, 5:39 pm

twinwin wrote:I got it on..

Right... twinwin - where are you located? My can setup resembles yours a lot;
    Stainless steel exhaust? Cb500-10
    twinwin
    twinwin

Post by twinwin Mon 15 Apr 2019, 8:33 am

Hi Stormbringer
    Our bikes are very similar.
    In locted in Denmark. Smile

stormbringer
    stormbringer
    the 900
    the 900

Post by stormbringer Mon 15 Apr 2019, 6:40 pm

twinwin wrote:In locted in Denmark. Smile
    Your avatar kinda gave that away:
    Stainless steel exhaust? QyLahCObjQPoW2s0nhythIUOVdugvt1FMkwfDYhGuLrbywUrvkqPP53nCNrdHAJgWtxKBz1B5imnM13CYuLNq7frV3pye2uefO8ioqK8P8B2w7r1MfaFIAAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

However, avatars are avatars, and not always to be trusted. Eg. I doubt @trevor machine lives in Azerbaijan. Or Mongolia for that matter Smile
    Trevor's antics...

So, with that out of the way; hvor i landet slår du dine folder? Jeg bor i Aarhus. Det ku' være sjovt at mødes.

Aarhus, the city @badseeds instantly named 'Arse'. Oh well, we had a good laugh. Long story...
    hh_12345
    hh_12345
    Mothra the Radioactive
    Mothra the Radioactive

Post by hh_12345 Mon 15 Apr 2019, 9:24 pm

teamster1975 wrote:

twinwin wrote:I bought the delkevic exhaust, and it fits  My cb500 96' (naked model). I Could not fit the copper gasket that came with it though, Because the bolts could not reach the threads.

Anyone with suggestions?

Did you get the old gaskets out? They can appear to merge into the exhaust ports but if you have a dig, they will pop out.

I can confirm that, I was sure someone had installed the exhaust without any gaskets until I scratched the surface to find that they are there.
    OldRocker
    OldRocker
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by OldRocker Thu 26 Sep 2019, 9:38 am

When I had a 2002 cb500, I changed to a s/s Black Widow downpipes and 300mm can/silencer. I cleaned the exhaust outlets with a flat screwdriver and popped the old gaskets out. New ones went in a treat with a thin film of high melting point copper grease, the headers bolted in just fine. I found that the Black Widow silencer wasn't as noisy as the Delkevic ones I had on my Yam way back when. I have kept my new cb500f standard as it came with s/s headers/downpipes also the can due to the cops now checking noise (db) levels of bikes and cars down my area.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 2:47 pm