CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

2 posters

My project bike for sale

wrighty
    wrighty
    Running out of unique names

Solved My project bike for sale

Post by wrighty Thu 13 Aug 2020, 10:14 am

My project bike for sale 20190210
    My project bike for sale 20190714
    Time to clear some space in the garage and anyway my new cb1100 is getting all my attention now so I want to shift the 500. Its a 2002 cb500s which I found festering in a ladies garage and have spent a couple of years modifying. I'll add pics at the end and you'll see some parts eg fairing assembly, seat/tail unit have already been sold.
    However the bike is fully mot'd and rides well.
    Engine is good with 29000 miles and has been set up carb wise at dyno shop.
    Standard airbox with hiflo filter.
    Shims done recently.
    Current exhaust is from a gsxr 750 and there is also a delkevik trioval  and a cheap megaphone as well as the rather battered original.
    Battery box removed and all electrics now mounted under seat.
    Seat is a copy of the harley xr750 flattrack unit.
    No key required, ignition switch is a toggle under the seat. Also a keyless fuel cap.
    Instrumentation is a koso digital unit running from front wheel sensors. 
    Tyres are what came on the bike, continental cheapies but I've never felt the need to change them.
    Rear shocks are chinese piggybacks, they look OK but are very firm and with the rather firm seat they make for a harsh ride, probably made worse as the bike now weighs much less than standard. 
    Paint was done by me but the red came out a bit dull, I would re-do it and change the shocks.
    Chain and sprockets are new as is the lithium battery.
    All in all its fun to ride, not perfect by any means and maybe best regarded as an ongoing project. It would easily be converted to cafe racer or brat style.
    Asking £650ish. Call Dave on 07534 337240. I'm near Peterborough 

Bike is now sold.
    My project bike for sale Img_2010

Last edited by wrighty on Sun 23 Aug 2020, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bike sold)
    cheesepiece1
    cheesepiece1

Solved Re: My project bike for sale

Post by cheesepiece1 Thu 13 Aug 2020, 4:34 pm

Looks class. Good luck with the sale. If it was anywhere near me i'd be straight down.

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 6:32 pm