CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

3 posters

Mirrors n indicators

jonnyteabag
    jonnyteabag
    Hyper Viper
    Hyper Viper

Mirrors n indicators Empty Mirrors n indicators

Post by jonnyteabag Sat 15 Aug 2020, 11:06 am

Hi all,

This has probably been discussed before but I'll pass this on as these upgrades are cheaper and work better than the genuine Honda stuff.

MIRRORS
    Anyone finding that the standard CB mirrors are a little short and blurry at certain revs can improve the field of vision and get blur free vision by buying a pair of genuine Aprilia Tuono mirrors.  These are much cheaper than the originals and much better than pattern parts.

INDICATORS
    The original CB indicators tend to perish where the flexible stem is.  If you replace these with cheap after market stuff it is often really small in size and doesn't look in keeping with the style of the CB. A cheap alternative is to buy some secondhand Honda CBF 125 indicators which fit straight on and use the standard filament bulbs so no need to buy LED relays/resistors.  Again this slightly modernises the look of the bike.

Sorry if it has been discussed before but has the forum has improved some of the posts may be buried in other sections.

Stay safe
    JT Rolling Eyes

cheesepiece1 likes this post

cheesepiece1
    cheesepiece1
    Running out of unique names

Mirrors n indicators Empty Re: Mirrors n indicators

Post by cheesepiece1 Sat 15 Aug 2020, 6:17 pm

JT
    If not too much trouble - what years for the CBF indicators and the Tuono mirrors?
    And any pics of the conversions? I recently did my cb5 out with clear lens standard indicators from m&p that look good but I have noticed some unwanted fogging behind the lenses on the odd occasion when the bike's gotten wet.
    jonnyteabag
    jonnyteabag
    Hyper Viper
    Hyper Viper

Post by jonnyteabag Sun 16 Aug 2020, 1:58 pm

Hi,

You want the 09-15 honda cbf 125 winkers..but note if you buy pattern ones they are not flexible on the stems and don't need much of a knock to break the stem.
    Best to go for s/hand ones that are genuine as these have a flexible stem and will cope with a knock and vibration much better.

The mirrors are from Aprilia-I got mine from a local Aprilia agent new and cost low twenties for a pair.
    Mind you this was 2 years ago..Aprilia put thes mirrors on everthing from 125's to the V4 super bike.

They are a popular fix for buzzing images in your mirrors..I learned about this from the Verys 650 forums where buzzing mirrors is a real problem at certain revs.
    The Aprilia mirrors look on the short side but the head is 6" which puts them out further than the standard ones and enables a much better view with no blurriness to vision so it's a win win for me, plus they look a bit sharper too Cool

Here's a link to some on ebay..athough they look to be pattern they look exact to me. They need to be 10mm threads.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/153594851690?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=153594851690&targetid=909953938039&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9046593&poi=&campaignid=10199630638&mkgroupid=101938330797&rlsatarget=pla-909953938039&abcId=1145987&merchantid=101716449&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxdyBhN2f6wIVgrTtCh1HAwYzEAQYASABEgK81vD_BwE

Stay safe, JT Rolling Eyes
    jonnyteabag
    jonnyteabag
    Hyper Viper
    Hyper Viper

Post by jonnyteabag Sun 16 Aug 2020, 2:12 pm

Some pics...Mirrors n indicators Img_2010
    Mirrors n indicators Img-2014
    cheesepiece1
    cheesepiece1

Post by cheesepiece1 Sun 16 Aug 2020, 3:48 pm

Very good JT. Much obliged.
    Al1040
    Al1040

Post by Al1040 Thu 25 Nov 2021, 6:19 pm

Just ordered some of those mirrors JT, seem great value. 
    Cheers Al
    jonnyteabag
    jonnyteabag
    Hyper Viper
    Hyper Viper

Post by jonnyteabag Sun 28 Nov 2021, 7:15 pm

You're welcome sir Cool

Stay safe..

JT

Sponsored content