CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

2 posters

Seat problem

entus
    entus

Seat problem Empty Seat problem

Post by entus Mon 02 Jul 2012, 2:51 pm

First of all, I'm new to this forum so hello to everyone. Very Happy
    I've had my cb500 for about a year now and for maybe the last 2 months, when my girlfriend is pillion, the seat comes loose at the back i.e. the plastic bracket unclips itself from the retaining bar. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix?
    Cheers!

Seat problem Empty Re: Seat problem

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:29 pm

Welcome to the club mate! Very Happy

I've not heard of this happening before to be honest, are there any cracks in the clips on the seat? When you clip the seat on does it feel firmly attached to the bike when you lift it up and down? It might be worth taking off the rear cowl so that you can see what's happening when the seat is fitted.
    entus
    entus

Seat problem Empty Seat problem

Post by entus Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:13 pm

Teamster1975
    The seat does feel firmly attached and I can't see any cracks in the plastic. I'll try removing the cowl to see what's going on. I wouldn't mind if the girlfriend was a big girl but she only weighs about 7 stone. Shocked
    Stormy
    Stormy
    Four's a...something...
    Four's a...something...

Awesome!

Post by Stormy Wed 04 Jul 2012, 12:02 am

When I first got my bike the seat wouldn't clip in at the back properly, kept coming out and it didn't look as though anything wrong with it, but I got another off Ebay and that's been fine. The only difference is that on the original seat the plastic looked as though it had just got a bit worn and it kept unclipping itself. Seats do come up on Ebay quite often.
    entus
    entus

Seat problem Empty re;seat

Post by entus Wed 04 Jul 2012, 12:29 pm

cheers Stormy. I think this could be my problem. It's probably just worn with use. I'll keep my eye open for one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 16 Oct 2024, 10:33 pm