CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

3 posters

BennyBoy83
    BennyBoy83

Newbie Empty Newbie

Post by BennyBoy83 Wed 15 Aug 2012, 6:18 pm

Hello all my name is Benn, I am now the proud owner of a CB500 (even tho i havent passed my test yet). I got a question I would like help with. I put led rear indicators on the bike, engine off they work fine start the engine they all stop (even the green light on the dash).
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Newbie Empty Re: Newbie

Post by eternally_troubled Thu 16 Aug 2012, 1:10 pm

You can have problems replacing the indicator bulbs with LEDs unless you adjust the rest of the system to compensate.

As I recall there is a plug-in-replacement 'indicator relay' that will solve this problem, I also recall that you can fit resistors into the circuit to simulate the effect of the bulbs (don't remember what value or where to fit them!).
    BennyBoy83
    BennyBoy83

Post by BennyBoy83 Fri 17 Aug 2012, 5:23 pm

I have the resistors and fitted them but would't they make them flash at the correct speed and not stop them working when the bike is ideling?

i might just put a bulb set on there and see if that helps.

also i have a sticky throttle do i need to replace the cables or coult it be something else
    davetheworv
    davetheworv
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by davetheworv Fri 17 Aug 2012, 6:36 pm

sticky throttle ,cables can be trapped or have a tight curve,say round the headstock. they may even be badly adjusted with no slack. i would undo the throttle assembly on the handlebarand lubricate the cables,opening and closing a few times so the oil seeps through the cables,worth trying first anyway. if not cables are easily available on ebay or wemoto,david silver or lings,see links halfway down main page then go to useful links.
    changing cables isnt too difficult but it is awkward and you may need to undo the carbs and turn 90 degrees to allow access,i did but i have large fingers and couldnt get in.lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 3:46 pm