CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

5 posters

Rear set or jack up plate option for drum brake model?

trinituner
    trinituner
    Squiddy
    Squiddy

Rear set or jack up plate option for drum brake model? Empty Rear set or jack up plate option for drum brake model?

Post by trinituner Sat 16 Feb 2013, 1:00 pm

What are the options out there for said mod??? obviously the problem area will be the rear drum brake rod, is there any way around this?

I would like to keep the pillion pegs imo so a jack up kit would be useful best place to get these if they are made??
    G3o
    G3o
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Rear set or jack up plate option for drum brake model? Empty Re: Rear set or jack up plate option for drum brake model?

Post by G3o Tue 19 Mar 2013, 12:57 pm

Should be fairly easy to do mate, with a set of rise plates the rear drum rod shouldn't be an issue, if you find it is too long just extend the thread on one end and cut it down to length.

If you send me the dimensions of the mounting points for both the rear sets and frame mounting points as well as how much you want them raised and moved back by I can knock you up a drawing that you can take to any old machine shop and have made up.
    burning_rubber
    burning_rubber
    Four's a...something...
    Four's a...something...

Rear set or jack up plate option for drum brake model? Empty Re: Rear set or jack up plate option for drum brake model?

Post by burning_rubber Fri 26 Apr 2013, 1:21 am

where would i find somewhere that can make this kind of thing.....
    and what would you make it out off

been thinking about it a lot, but dont no what to google
    G3o
    G3o
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by G3o Fri 26 Apr 2013, 7:44 am

Any local engineering/machining shop will be able to make it for you.

If you're not too fused about weight saving the stainless steel will the longest lasting and you won't have to worry about material spec. Or you could go for a high grade aluminum. Because the plates will expected to hold your weight through any bumps in the road you wouldn't want to use cheap low grade alu or you risk cracking an spilts. Would most likely be fine but better safe than sorry
    burning_rubber
    burning_rubber
    Four's a...something...
    Four's a...something...

Post by burning_rubber Fri 26 Apr 2013, 7:51 am

if your still up for it could you do that drawing you mentioned,

i have no idear about that kind of thing, and what a set should look like

thanks matey Very Happy
    G3o
    G3o
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by G3o Fri 26 Apr 2013, 9:56 am

burning_rubber wrote:if your still up for it could you do that drawing you mentioned,

i have no idear about that kind of thing, and what a set should look like

thanks matey Very Happy

yea of course I can mate, I will need a couple of specifics will ding you a PM later on when I get home Smile
    geewhizz
    geewhizz
    the 900
    the 900

Post by geewhizz Mon 10 Mar 2014, 7:01 pm

Hi G3o, its clear you know a lot more about raising the pegs than I do! Don't suppose you have that drawing kicking about? I held off doing this before because I wasn't sure how high to raise them or what the influence would be on the exhaust mount. My bike is also a disk model. Cheers G
    rwhitton
    rwhitton
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

Post by rwhitton Tue 11 Mar 2014, 6:12 am

Just order some from RV racing. Simples Smile He makes them for drum and disc models for people who race. You can also have race shift pattern if you fancy it. He makes stuff to order so depends how busy he is as to how quick you get them. Google rv alloy or rv racing and there are pics on his website. Nice chap and friendly to deal with. He's just making me a replacement peg and some spares after I threw mine at the scenery on Friday.
    geewhizz
    geewhizz
    the 900
    the 900

Post by geewhizz Tue 11 Mar 2014, 8:13 pm

yeah true i saw them before, for 60quid could have new rearsets tho and keep the old as spares. With that in mind 20quid for two bits of drilled alloy bar seems like a bit of a waste 

would still need to get the brakes light working but still seems better way to go if willing to buy parts

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 6:43 pm