CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

+9
ashcroc
soundsk
TimReal
jimbobs63
badseeds
James_chivers
44bluey44
hayden
rossani
13 posters

Pinlock Visors

rossani
    rossani
    Crotch Rocketuer
    Crotch Rocketuer

Awesome!

Pinlock Visors Empty Pinlock Visors

Post by rossani Sun 20 Feb 2011, 4:49 pm

In a word... get one, they're worth every penny. Like everyone else I've tried lots of things for keeping my visor mist free during the cold/wet weather, and nothing really works for more than a few minutes, before you can't see where you're going, or you're about to expire because you're afraid to breath out!

The Pinlock visor is a revelation - it just stays clear, all the time, whatever the weather - the best bit of safety kit you can invest in.

The only slight downer on these is that you get a bit of a visual margin, due to the edge of the internal pinlock visor, of which you're quite aware initially. Eventually you get used to it, and almost forget your visor hasn't fogged up during the entire journey.... brilliant!
    hayden
    hayden
    the 900
    the 900

Pinlock Visors Empty Re: Pinlock Visors

Post by hayden Sun 20 Feb 2011, 7:59 pm

Totally agree with rossani

Brilliant product, i havn`t found anything that comes close.
    44bluey44
    44bluey44

Post by 44bluey44 Sun 30 Oct 2011, 2:59 am

I treated myself to a shoei multitech helmet with pinlock after years of steamed up constantly wiping viser,viserup/viserdown senario what a revelation does what it says on the tin and then some well worth the investment as well as the safety comfort factor
    James_chivers
    James_chivers
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

Post by James_chivers Sun 30 Oct 2011, 5:21 pm

How much are they and how easy are they to fit and, if need be, remove?

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 8:36 pm

I endorse what others have said, Pinlock is a 'must have' on your visor.

They can be fitted and removed easily by just removing the visor from your helmet, flattening it out as you put the pinlock visor in position between the pins and then letting the helmet visor return to its original shape.

Basically when fitted you are looking through a 'sealed double glazed' visor.

Having fitted mine, I have no intention of removing it.

Not sure if I can name a firm but look at 'Race Visors' on the internet.
    badseeds
    badseeds
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by badseeds Sun 25 Nov 2012, 9:06 pm

I've been using Pinlock inserts for a few years now. I absolutely CANNOT stand scratches on my visor or insert and I find I change my visor & inserts 2-3 times a year. (I ride all year round and don't drive).

A few months ago I thought I'd try a Fogcity - stick with the Pinlock.
    jimbobs63
    jimbobs63
    the 800
    the 800

Post by jimbobs63 Wed 11 Dec 2013, 12:44 pm

Hi,

These foggy mornings the past couple of days have inspired me to buy a new visor for my Duchinni helmet - supplied with a pinlock insert.  I look forward to trying it out ASAP.  It's bad enough that the fog mists up the outside of the visor without it misting up the inside - and I have to wear glasses...!

Jim
    jimbobs63
    jimbobs63
    the 800
    the 800

Post by jimbobs63 Tue 17 Dec 2013, 7:52 pm

Update!

I received the new visor and Pinlock insert, and fitted it today - just in time to have to ride home in drizzly rain after dark this evening.

What a difference! - Very happy that with the visor closed, my breath (for once) didn't even begin to mist up the inside.

Lovely clear view all the way home - well worth the money in my opinion.  Hope it's the same when the foggy mornings return...

Jim
    badseeds
    badseeds
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by badseeds Tue 17 Dec 2013, 9:43 pm

Nice one, Jim! Did it work alright with your glasses, too?
    TimReal
    TimReal
    Running out of unique names

Post by TimReal Wed 18 Dec 2013, 8:35 am

Do they fit in any helmet? I'm using a cheap-arsed Spada lid at the moment.
    jimbobs63
    jimbobs63
    the 800
    the 800

Post by jimbobs63 Wed 18 Dec 2013, 9:12 am

Hi,

Tried it out again this morning - again it worked well in a crisp cold weather.

Yes, they work well with my glasses - no problems so far.

I think they can fit most helmets - so long you can buy a new replacement visor which has the pegs fitted ready to take to Pinlock insert.  I guess you could also fit one to an existing visor if you could fit the pegs - someone will correct me if I'm wrong there!

Jim
    TimReal
    TimReal

Post by TimReal Wed 18 Dec 2013, 12:44 pm

Thanks Jim, I'll look into it further.
    soundsk
    soundsk
    Rossi
    Rossi

Awesome!

Post by soundsk Wed 18 Dec 2013, 2:20 pm

Pinlock compatible visors are available, eBay lists them for my (old) Shark RSF helmet, as well as other major helmet brands.
    I thought about investing in a visor+pinlock, but the helmet is quite old, and seeing as I'm planning on doing longer trips and the Shark is getting pretty banged up, I treated myself to a Christmas gift and ordered a Schuberth C3 Pro, comes with a pinlock visor and pinlock insert in the box.

When mounting the insert to the visor I think the two most important things are slightly twisting the visor with the insert, so that it adjusts itself and sets in the right position, as well as slightly rotating one of the pins as recommended in the instructions, so that the seal is tight.

ashcroc
    ashcroc
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc Thu 07 May 2015, 8:39 pm

I recently got a pinlock protec tint insert

While it's good for keeping the glare down (especially the sun bouncing off wet roads), I still find myself using the internal sun visor if the sun's low in the sky. I suppose it can go only so dark to stay road legal.

All in all I'd say it's worth the extra price tag.
    biglee
    biglee
    Godly
    Godly

Pinlock Visors Empty pinlock

Post by biglee Sun 18 Oct 2015, 12:58 pm

hi  all yesterday my son rides [CBR 125 2015] treated me to a new shark matt black helmet came with a free pinlock visor insert which they fitted in 30 seconds  and a 5 year gaurentee i wore it home from the shop works really well no fog up at all the helmet its self seems very good quality and has cut outs so u can where your glasses also has an internal black sun visor bulit in ,then he went spening crazy he purchased a rst leathe Very Happy rsports jacket and matching gloves and i purchased a pair of paddock stands for a very resanable 37 quid all in all a good day
    wornsprokets
    wornsprokets
    the 900
    the 900

Post by wornsprokets Sun 18 Oct 2015, 9:54 pm

Can pinlock fit any helmet or are they designed for specific helmets my visor hasnt little lumps inside visor thats for pinlock
    badseeds
    badseeds
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by badseeds Sun 18 Oct 2015, 10:28 pm

This is taken from the Pinlock website FAQs, complete with spelling mistkake; "We can deleiver a Pinlock® for almost all helmets We also can deliver you an DO IT YOURSELF kit This kit includes a Pinlock, a drill and the pins. "
    ashcroc
    ashcroc
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc Sun 18 Oct 2015, 11:19 pm

You might be able to get a pinlock ready visor for your lid. A quick Google should tell you if one's available.
    Celt500
    Celt500
    Mothra the Radioactive
    Mothra the Radioactive

Post by Celt500 Wed 04 Nov 2015, 6:14 pm

My HJC came with a pinlock included. Trouble is I've been wearing glasses a lot lately - sod all use when your visor is clear but your glasses have fogged up anyway!  Laughing

Those who have pinlock, how do you get on with it at night? The one I got says 'daytime use only', even though it's clear. I'm beginning to understand why, had to take it out on the way home tonight (glasses again), trying to see by just crappy headlight through 3 layers of polycarbonate/plastic is a ******* liability!

Have to say it does work well during the day though.
    ashcroc
    ashcroc
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by ashcroc Wed 04 Nov 2015, 6:27 pm

I don't wear glasses but I've never had a problem with either the clear of photocromatic pinlock at night.
    My internal sun visor on the other hand can fog up like a trooper if it's cold but sunny enough to need it.
    OldRocker
    OldRocker
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by OldRocker Thu 26 Sep 2019, 10:00 am

I know it is an old post.
    I have a Shark Speed R skid lid which came with the pinlock insert, Also I wear glasses and the Shark has built in slots for the glasses arms to fit in. Never had a problem with either the glasses or visor to mist up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 10:19 am