CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

5 posters

[solved]Help with right hand side footrest...indicator solved.

TheWizardofOdds
    TheWizardofOdds
    the 900
    the 900

Solved [solved]Help with right hand side footrest...indicator solved.

Post by TheWizardofOdds Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:14 pm

I dropped my bike and ordered a new indicator and footpeg from wemoto. Which will be the last time, I know they are pattern parts but the quality is as low as a snakes belly. 

My issue with fitting is, and please bear with me as I can't upload pics, the new indicator arm is much shorter than the OEM part. Therefore the indicator lamp is right up against the fairing instead of sticking out a metre and a half like the original. This creates an issue with the bracket inside the fairing I have got it screwed on but it looks wrong. The indicator has two connecting wires. The original is idiot proof and matches nicely green and blue for like etc. but the new one has one black and white wire and one black one. Which goes where please and wtf is the script with the size difference of the indicator arm, for want of a better term? 

Has anyone fitted wemoto lamps? 

Any help much appreciated please. 

By the way, the footpeg is a load of rubbish too. Very poor quality.

Last edited by TheWizardofOdds on Thu 07 Apr 2016, 9:34 pm; edited 3 times in total

Solved Re: [solved]Help with right hand side footrest...indicator solved.

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:48 pm

It doesn't matter which way round you connect the wires on a filament bulb Smile
    TheWizardofOdds
    TheWizardofOdds
    the 900
    the 900

Post by TheWizardofOdds Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:55 pm

[solved]Help with right hand side footrest...indicator solved. Img_2010
    TheWizardofOdds
    TheWizardofOdds
    the 900
    the 900

Post by TheWizardofOdds Thu 07 Apr 2016, 6:57 pm

So any wire can be connected to the blue or green connection?
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd Thu 07 Apr 2016, 7:14 pm

Well the green is the earth and blue is the live (right hand side I believe) and the otherside will be orange.

if you remove the lens cover off the new light behind the reflector you'll see a wire soldered for the center contact which will be your live and the one that is for the body will be the earth just see which of them has a white trace and connect to the bikes earth or live accordingly.

Failing that hook it up loosely and try both combinations, the worst that'll happen is you'll blow a fuse or bulb if it matters or like has been said before it may not matter Smile

Dan

Post by Guest Thu 07 Apr 2016, 7:27 pm

TheWizardofOdds wrote:So any wire can be connected to the blue or green connection?

Yep, doesn't make any difference because a filament bulb will pass current in either direction.
    TheWizardofOdds
    TheWizardofOdds
    the 900
    the 900

Post by TheWizardofOdds Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:30 pm

teamster1975 wrote:

TheWizardofOdds wrote:So any wire can be connected to the blue or green connection?

Yep, doesn't make any difference because a filament bulb will pass current in either direction.

Thanks, yes I just fitted them any old way and they work.
    Tricky.
    Tricky.
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Tricky. Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:40 pm

send the indicator back if its the wrong size, im sure i and others have an original available you could have.
    TheWizardofOdds
    TheWizardofOdds
    the 900
    the 900

Post by TheWizardofOdds Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:54 pm

Tricky. wrote:send the indicator back if its the wrong size, im sure i and others have an original available you could have.
    I never realised in the pic it's shorter but that's the one they supply for the CB '99 S. 

I'm not happy with the fit. I you have an original for the RHS if it matters I'll take it. Can I ask how much please on this post?
    TheWizardofOdds
    TheWizardofOdds
    the 900
    the 900

Post by TheWizardofOdds Thu 07 Apr 2016, 8:57 pm

I would appreciate if anyone could post a picture of the RHS footpeg spring position please. It's a right bugger to put on. Mine all smashed to bits and I couldn't reference the original as it was out of position.
    TheWizardofOdds
    TheWizardofOdds
    the 900
    the 900

Post by TheWizardofOdds Thu 07 Apr 2016, 9:32 pm

Pattern parts...never again. Well, if I can avoid them that is.
    phorx999
    phorx999
    Crotch Rocketuer
    Crotch Rocketuer

Post by phorx999 Thu 07 Apr 2016, 10:13 pm

No idea about the indicator but I was in the same boat with the footpeg, the hook part of the spring goes on the top and the other side goes into a hole on the bracket you'll have to push the spring in to insert the pin if that helps.
    I had to file the rounded part so that it would fold up... Plus's it's annoyingly shiny
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Fri 08 Apr 2016, 11:44 am

I've not had a problem with the pattern parts I've got from wemoto; some of they are not *as* good as the original but all have fitted.

Somtimes I've had a problem with their prices but generally I've found them better than some of the shite you get on ebay.

I think they would want to know if what they have sold you isn't the correct item:  it may just be an oversight, they might be able to fix it quickly.

You can't do any harm by wiring up an isolated incandescent bulb the wrong way round, so the wiring doesn't matter in this case.
    TheWizardofOdds
    TheWizardofOdds
    the 900
    the 900

Post by TheWizardofOdds Fri 08 Apr 2016, 1:21 pm

phorx999 wrote:No idea about the indicator but I was in the same boat with the footpeg, the hook part of the spring goes on the top and the other side goes into a hole on the bracket you'll have to push the spring in to insert the pin if that helps.
    I had to file the rounded part so that it would fold up... Plus's it's annoyingly shiny

Thanks, got it finally although I had to use the original spring so it's not as ' springy' .  Laughing

The footpeg is very shiny I got and looks thoroughly out of place. But operable, at least. It came with those e clips and not a split pin.
    TheWizardofOdds
    TheWizardofOdds
    the 900
    the 900

Post by TheWizardofOdds Fri 08 Apr 2016, 1:51 pm

eternally_troubled wrote:I've not had a problem with the pattern parts I've got from wemoto; some of they are not *as* good as the original but all have fitted.

Somtimes I've had a problem with their prices but generally I've found them better than some of the shite you get on ebay.

I think they would want to know if what they have sold you isn't the correct item:  it may just be an oversight, they might be able to fix it quickly.

You can't do any harm by wiring up an isolated incandescent bulb the wrong way round, so the wiring doesn't matter in this case.

To be fair to them, they have responded very quickly to my query. They also had a good point in that the photo on the site clearly shows the length of the arm/stem. That's my fault for not comparing to the original. They also say that they've 'sold ten of each', and that I'm the first to have an issue with it. They will also refund, but with me sending item back of course. 
    I think it's an item that they are using to cover many models. There's no way any other owner of a CB  (at least this CB) would accept this as a replacement part. It cannot fit properly due to the length of the indicator arm and the fit to the bracket. 
    I see they sell many parts on wemoto so can't make a sweeping generalisation but these two parts are not the standard I want on my bike. They have the appearance of Chinese parts. I'd much rather have OEM or other aftermarket better quality ones. 
    With the wiring I just connected them any old way and they work. It's all black magic anyway.  Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 15 May 2024, 1:14 am