CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

+3
davecb5002
Llewelyn1965
Beresford
7 posters

Left side footrest hanger - broken would do. Or broken camchain tensioner.

Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Left side footrest hanger - broken would do. Or broken camchain tensioner. Empty Left side footrest hanger - broken would do. Or broken camchain tensioner.

Post by Beresford Sat 09 Apr 2016, 8:18 pm

Does anybody have a left side footrest alloy hanger ? One with the rear pillion bit broken or missing would suit just fine, I don't need anything bit the riders peg mounting.

Possibly off a crashed bike or one cut down for racing ?

Also, has anybody got a discarded cam chain tensioner which has ceased to function ?
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Left side footrest hanger - broken would do. Or broken camchain tensioner. Empty Re: Left side footrest hanger - broken would do. Or broken camchain tensioner.

Post by Beresford Fri 15 Apr 2016, 1:27 pm

Anybody ?
    Llewelyn1965
    Llewelyn1965
    the 900
    the 900

Left side footrest hanger - broken would do. Or broken camchain tensioner. Empty Re: Left side footrest hanger - broken would do. Or broken camchain tensioner.

Post by Llewelyn1965 Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:32 pm

Have you checked flebay? there's a couple on there around £20 posted
    Llewelyn1965
    Llewelyn1965
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 Fri 15 Apr 2016, 9:33 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CB500s-1996-Left-Foot-Peg-Hanger-Pegs-/322057298749?hash=item4afc1c633d:g:5boAAOSwDuJWzu1B
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Cb500-Left-Side-Peg-Hanger-To-Fit-1996-2001-Models-/252343462083?hash=item3ac0d7a8c3:g:2hUAAOSwX~dWsne0
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Fri 15 Apr 2016, 10:08 pm

Thanks for the heads-up on those. For my purposes a broken one is preferable as I'd feel it was a shame to take a good one and saw off the rear peg bit.
    (but it may come to that ) Twisted Evil
    davecb5002
    davecb5002
    Mothra the Radioactive
    Mothra the Radioactive

Post by davecb5002 Sat 16 Apr 2016, 10:20 pm

Hi-I have a spare left hand footrest hanger, will sort it out in garage tomorrow, take some time just moved house. If you are still wanting one, let me know and will P.M you with some pictures. Think it is in quite good condition, but a bit grubby, needs a clean Laughing Laughing
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Sat 16 Apr 2016, 11:19 pm

Dave, I don't mind dirty or broken pillion extension, cheap inc P+P would be ideal Smile

Post by Guest Sun 22 May 2016, 10:47 am

Need a set of footpeg hangers for cb500r 1994 pc26 thanks
    supersim65
    supersim65
    Crotch Rocketuer
    Crotch Rocketuer

Post by supersim65 Tue 14 Jun 2016, 3:16 pm

Did you get this sorted Beresford? I will have one you can have for P&P.
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Tue 14 Jun 2016, 4:42 pm

supersim65 wrote:Did you get this sorted Beresford? I will have one you can have for P&P.

I did get one that was complete and now I don't dare modify it the way I was going to if I'd got a broken one !!
    I never ride with a pillion so I have taken the pegs off, and I wanted to cut one down to remove the pillion peg extension and see what it was like.
    Or were you talking about the tensioner ?
    Llewelyn1965
    Llewelyn1965
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 Tue 14 Jun 2016, 8:23 pm

Not sure if I'm correct about this, but I'm sure I read somewhere that you have to have pillion foot pegs for the MOT. I'm sure someone will be along in a bit to clarify that point though. Great wealth of useful information held by all the guys on here. :-)
    supersim65
    supersim65
    Crotch Rocketuer
    Crotch Rocketuer

Post by supersim65 Tue 14 Jun 2016, 9:52 pm

Just bought a replacement because I want the pillion pegs, and it's a bit rusty and seized. So you can grab the old one if you like. Will PM once I get it off.
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Fri 17 Jun 2016, 11:46 am

You only need the footpegs if you have a twin seat - if you have a single seat (or single seat cowl) you don't need them.
    Llewelyn1965
    Llewelyn1965
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 Fri 17 Jun 2016, 4:09 pm

eternally_troubled wrote:You only need the footpegs if you have a twin seat - if you have a single seat (or single seat cowl) you don't need them.

that makes sense. Smile
    i.howell1
    i.howell1

Post by i.howell1 Mon 03 Jul 2017, 10:11 pm

can anybody help? where can i buy a new cam chain tensioner
    Fair Weather Rider
    Fair Weather Rider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Fair Weather Rider Tue 04 Jul 2017, 9:17 am

Llewelyn1965 wrote:Not sure if I'm correct about this, but I'm sure I read somewhere that you have to have pillion foot pegs for the MOT. I'm sure someone will be along in a bit to clarify that point though. Great wealth of useful information held by all the guys on here. :-)

That right, if there is a rear seat, there has to be rear footrests.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 7:27 pm