CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Various Items

dodger
    dodger
    Scratcher!
    Scratcher!

Various Items Empty Various Items

Post by dodger Sun 06 Nov 2016, 9:50 am

Below is a few reviews of my bits of  Kit used whilst touring ,day trips and  ride outs, all the kit below has been used regularly for at least 5 years some of it is no longer in production.

Alpinestars El NiNO - this is a one piece over suit I have had about 3 years now and has never let in a drop of water, used in some really torrential downpours ,although quite expensive for a one piece ,not the easiest to throw on quickly at the road side as the netting mesh inside the legs can catch on your boots but once on I know I will not be getting wet , also very effective as a wind barrier on cold days , overall thoroughly recommended .

Tucano Urbano Handlebar Muffs - very effective fur lined and fully waterproof, mine  are a few years old now and definitely not for the fashion conscious but very effective for long distance cold weather riding again Highly recommended.

Spada Podium Textile trousers - had these about 10 years no longer made but been absolutely brilliant never let any rain in .

Gloves -Bikers Gortex - These were  bought around 5 years ago , I like these because they are waterproof and give good feel whilst riding ,I do not like bulky gloves which lack feeling ,the trade off being they are not the warmest .

Boots -Oxtar Gortex - again these are perfectly waterproof had them about 10 years do not think they are made anymore ,very comftable off the bike also ,downside -not the warmest.

Helmet -Nolan Flip up -about 5 years old -comftable -pinlock visor -great for ferry terminals and petrol stations ,I prefer the flip up system to d=save taking off the helmet. Down side  a little noisy .

- have not included my Hein Geiricke Jacket as this was bought only about 1 year ago but so far so good.

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 7:57 pm