CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

+7
louis_sutton
Grarea
skyerae
hh_12345
skyrider
Jameshambleton
wornsprokets
11 posters

Textile bike gear that works?

wornsprokets
    wornsprokets
    the 900
    the 900

Textile bike gear that works? Empty Textile bike gear that works?

Post by wornsprokets Sat 29 Jul 2017, 3:52 pm

Just wondering what textile jackets and throusers...and waterproof boots.(all my gear coming to end of its life) that you use that are good and are good and you would recommend....in the rain....my richa jacket near end of its life and is leaking..  also i have a lidi textile throusers&buffalo and akito throuser all end in a wet crotch from all of them when it rains..  .ive no interest in paying major money on riding gear like rukka or aerostich.... all advice appreciated..... jacket lookin at oxford montreal jacket apparently ride recommended
    Jameshambleton
    Jameshambleton
    the 900
    the 900

Textile bike gear that works? Empty Re: Textile bike gear that works?

Post by Jameshambleton Sat 29 Jul 2017, 4:51 pm

I've got some Weise xblade stuff that's easly 3-4 years old now, never fails to keep me dry. Just wish it wasn't plain black.
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyrider Sat 29 Jul 2017, 6:41 pm

a few years ago I bought a Hein Gericke textile suit and that keeps me warm and dry so fairly impressed, but the last I heard of that company they had shut most of their shops and buggered off back to Germany or wherever confused
    hh_12345
    hh_12345
    Mothra the Radioactive
    Mothra the Radioactive

Post by hh_12345 Sat 29 Jul 2017, 7:53 pm

I have alpinestars andes touring jacket and pants, they are not bad - looking good, very comfortable, quality is not impressive but good enough,  but water does come in in heavier rain through certain parts of the jacket, the trousers are somewhat more water resistant. Full price is a bit expensive for what they are, but if  you can get them at about 2/3 of the regular price they're ok.
    skyerae
    skyerae
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyerae Sun 30 Jul 2017, 8:52 am

Hein Gericke is the best in my opinion - keeps me dry and quite warm. I bought all my gear of the bay of evil (ebay) so second hand and many years later on (just under ten so far) they are still doing the job but are starting to look worn. I had to get new trousers as my waistline extended and bought a pair of cheap RK Sports that leaked (what a surprise!!) I then managed to source a pair of Hein Gericke of the bay of evil that had been used for a tour and looked new and now stay dry whatever the weather.
    Grarea
    Grarea
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Grarea Sun 30 Jul 2017, 9:18 am

I got some Hein Gericke textile gear about 17 years ago.
    But they don't keep me completely dry any more.
    louis_sutton
    louis_sutton
    the 800
    the 800

Post by louis_sutton Sun 30 Jul 2017, 9:23 am

I picked up a triumph jacket from the outlet store online (endeavor was the name of the jacket). £100 down from £300. Waterproof thus far, outlast liner, just have to check the reviews to get fit sorted
    Grarea
    Grarea
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Grarea Sun 30 Jul 2017, 9:26 am

I don't have the funds right now, but I wouldn't mind staying dry.
    Was chatting to someone the other day who just uses the gear he likes (leathers or whatever)
    Plus carries a waterproof all in one.
    So I reckon that I will have a good ponder on that one.
    Might solve the problem of trying to get one bit of kit that does everything.
    wornsprokets
    wornsprokets
    the 900
    the 900

Post by wornsprokets Sun 30 Jul 2017, 11:46 am

Ive been using as i said richa jacket....and three different throusers.and i use a a rain jacket over richa and rain throusers over throusers but it very warm... now chrotch has split in rain throusers....and ive to use plastic bag in each boot as there lettin in water also
    muttley1
    the 900
    the 900

Post by muttley1 Sun 30 Jul 2017, 5:09 pm

I like the Hein G kit, not as warm as some but keeps the drafts out and is waterproof.
    Wait for the sale, I got boots and a jacket pretty cheaply last year (posted from Germany).
    Reabo

Post by Reabo Sat 11 Nov 2017, 10:48 am

I use gore tex camaflouge overtrousers. Army surplus. Look on fleabay, new from about twenty quid and proper goretex. Brilliant kit wear over you leaky bike trousers. Sorted and dead cheap.
    muttley1
    the 900
    the 900

Post by muttley1 Sat 11 Nov 2017, 8:06 pm

Army goretex, can't beat it. The legs have velcro for easy on/off too.

I'd give a thumbs up to Triumph kit too. I'm off to the NEC show and there's usually a discount outlet near their stand.
    GollyGosh
    GollyGosh
    Mothra the Radioactive
    Mothra the Radioactive

Textile bike gear that works? Empty Works for me...

Post by GollyGosh Thu 19 Apr 2018, 4:44 pm

I'm using Dojo Endo Jacket and Dojo Hara Trousers bought together from Mark Phillips (Lincoln)  for £99.99.  Come with CE shoulder, elbow and knee protectors and detachable quilted lining and lots of pockets.  Also available on ebay from other suppliers.

Kept me cosy warm on a 2 hour ride at 1degC. Haven't worn in the wet though the trousers are in a top five MCN Review of waterproof trousers

If you don't want plain black then for a tenner more you can have colour. ARMR Moto - Sports Bike Shop
    The jackets (at £109.99) from them currently come with free Hara trousers.

Dojo is a sub brand of ARMR Moto and I can't see a difference in the pictures or description apart from logoes.
    stormbringer
    stormbringer
    the 900
    the 900

Post by stormbringer Wed 25 Apr 2018, 8:33 pm

A different approach: Pick your favourite leather jacket + kevlar jeans. When rain is imminent, put a Helly Hansen PU rain set (model 'Voss') on top. Job done. Low cost.
    I've tried various textile kits and rain-sets made from nylon - all designed for MC. None of them work convincingly. I've given up on textile.
    The HH kit, however, is norwegian fishermens workwear. It works - no surprise...

No, it's not breathable. No, it's not fashionable. It is, however, 100% waterproof to the extent that it will resist a pressure washer (safe distance) or several hours of mway ride. Firsthand experience.

One limitation: Not suited for sustained riding at speeds above approx. 110 km/h as it will start flapping itself to destruction. But who wants to go that fast anyway, when it's pouring down.
    Jameshambleton
    Jameshambleton
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Jameshambleton Thu 26 Apr 2018, 6:39 pm

stormbringer wrote:
    One limitation: Not suited for sustained riding at speeds above approx. 110 km/h as it will start flapping itself to destruction. But who wants to go that fast anyway, when it's pouring down.

Yeah who would want to do such a thing Rolling Eyes
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyrider Thu 26 Apr 2018, 7:02 pm

I have worn in the past a one piece rain suit designed to be worn on building sites and it is 100% waterproof I got it from a building supply clothing shop
    Jameshambleton
    Jameshambleton
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Jameshambleton Thu 26 Apr 2018, 7:48 pm

I use one of these at work, not sure what it would be like for long periods as I only wear it an hour at a time
    https://www.arco.co.uk/products/933100?s=1
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyrider Thu 26 Apr 2018, 9:50 pm

mine is like rubberified  and coming back from heyshsm (had been to the TT) It was bouncing down all the way to preston and the only things that got wet were my gloves and they were sodden not a drop got through the wet suit

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 8:14 pm