CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

4 posters

S model Dash Bulbs

liverpool_f_
    liverpool_f_
    the 900
    the 900

S model Dash Bulbs Empty S model Dash Bulbs

Post by liverpool_f_ Tue 13 Mar 2018, 6:32 pm

Hello all,

I have a lost the use of my side stand warning light on the dash of my s model. Firstly does anyone know what bulb types/sizes/ratings I need so I can order them ahead of time. Secondly, how much of a pain is it to access the bulbs? Can I reach in and change them with the fairing on/off? If it's a fairing off job, does the whole speedo assembly have to come off as well to get the bulbs replaced?

Has anyone with an s model done the bulbs for the dash and I am much better off ignoring the faulty bulb and waiting until a more important bulb stops working.

P.S. The switch is still cutting out the iginition when in gear so I know the switch is working before I go through this whole procedure.
    Jameshambleton
    Jameshambleton
    the 900
    the 900

S model Dash Bulbs Empty Re: S model Dash Bulbs

Post by Jameshambleton Tue 13 Mar 2018, 8:13 pm

Even on the naked model they're a pain to change. They're t10 3w bulbs if I'm remembering correctly,
    Pukka
    Crotch Rocketuer
    Crotch Rocketuer

Post by Pukka Wed 14 Mar 2018, 1:49 am

Possibly could get at them because the wiring/holders aren't too bulky but haven't tryed. I had the speedo cable break the day after i moved to university and couldn't get at that at all with the fairing still on. Doubly annoying was i wasn't allowed to do any maintenance their so that was a fun week.

With the fairing off the speedo assembly can just stay in situ and the bulb holders just pull out from the back. I can recommend changing all the bulbs there excluding the indicator lights (also maybe the high beam bulb as it may be to bright for you in use, i don't mind it) to Led versions if your going to go through with it though just to save the hassle in the future.
    ANDYC
    ANDYC
    the 900
    the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC Wed 14 Mar 2018, 8:01 am

I changed all mine for LED bulbs, a bit more expensive but I knew that I only had to change them once. So I consider that to be cost effective in the long run.
    liverpool_f_
    liverpool_f_
    the 900
    the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ Wed 14 Mar 2018, 5:13 pm

Good call on the LED replacements. I will do them all so I am not in the same position soon. Can either of you send me a link to the LED bulbs you used. I am unsure of the size and wattage since I haven't taken it apart yet.
    liverpool_f_
    liverpool_f_
    the 900
    the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ Sun 18 Mar 2018, 2:54 pm

Just a final note incase people are reading this thread in the future. All of the bulbs were available from my local Honda dealer and came out much less expensive than going to Halfords or any such places. Saved a bunch of time and research just to get the parts rom them. Was about £13 for 8 bulbs.

They were regular bulbs, not LED, but I figured the others have lasted decades probably so I can probably manage replacing them again 20 years from now!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 3:31 pm