CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

+4
hh_12345
Beresford
freeride
OldRocker
8 posters

OldRocker
    OldRocker
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

New Member Empty New Member

Post by OldRocker Tue 25 Dec 2018, 3:38 pm

Just to wish everyone a happy Xmas. I recently brought a new CB500F AJ. Traded my Yam MT for it.
    freeride
    freeride
    Laser Shark
    Laser Shark

New Member Empty Re: New Member

Post by freeride Tue 25 Dec 2018, 7:10 pm

Welcome to the forum. Got any Christmas pressies for the new bike?
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Tue 25 Dec 2018, 10:34 pm

WOW!!! Somebody on here who can actually afford a new bike !!!
    hh_12345
    hh_12345
    Mothra the Radioactive
    Mothra the Radioactive

Post by hh_12345 Wed 26 Dec 2018, 8:41 am

Beresford wrote:WOW!!! Somebody on here who can actually afford a new bike !!!

rendeer
    OldRocker
    OldRocker
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by OldRocker Wed 26 Dec 2018, 10:11 am

I got a Puig screen, crash bungs, front & rear fender extenders for Xmas.
    Also when I got the bike they put on a centre stand, Datatool TrakKing and Datatag Security. I used some of my PPI refund towards the cost. I used to have a cb300R before the Yam MT, the one with the chocolate box engine which had a worldwide recall, No so got shot of it.
    So far well pleased with the new cb500f Very Happy New Member 737901405 although still running it in.

Last edited by OldRocker on Wed 26 Dec 2018, 10:21 am; edited 2 times in total
    OldRocker
    OldRocker
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by OldRocker Wed 26 Dec 2018, 10:13 am

Will put some pics up when we get some decent weather Shocked santa Also need to fit my tomtom 410 sat nav which I have had on my previous bikes, links through my iPhone and Cardo headset in my Shark Speed R skid lid. Just listern to directions and saves me taking eyes off the road to see map etc.
    OldRocker
    OldRocker
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by OldRocker Wed 26 Dec 2018, 10:53 am

I also belong to a local over 50's motorbike group, we have a meetup and chat in one of the locals and ride outs monthly. Nice friendly group.
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyrider Wed 26 Dec 2018, 11:02 am

aye its been a good few years since I have been able to afford a new one  Crying or Very sad

Last edited by skyrider on Mon 31 Dec 2018, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    OldRocker
    OldRocker
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by OldRocker Wed 26 Dec 2018, 11:04 am

skyrider wrote:

iye its been a good few years since I have been able to afford a new one  Crying or Very sad

It's only money sky, you can't take it with you when you leave the earth scratch Very Happy
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyrider Wed 26 Dec 2018, 11:47 am

yes you are quite right perhaps I should rush out and invest  Laughing
    OldRocker
    OldRocker
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by OldRocker Wed 26 Dec 2018, 5:39 pm

skyrider wrote:yes you are quite right perhaps I should rush out and invest  Laughing

I got 500 squid off the price of a new one (£4,900), they are discounted at the mo as the dealers are getting the 2019 models in. drunken Also got the most money for my trade in against other dealers.
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyrider Wed 26 Dec 2018, 6:25 pm

£500 off is a fair amount of money you did well there as you say the dealers will be wanting to fill up their show rooms with the 2019 models
    OldRocker
    OldRocker
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by OldRocker Wed 26 Dec 2018, 6:30 pm

skyrider wrote:£500 off is a fair amount of money you did well there as you say the dealers will be wanting to fill up their show rooms with the 2019 models

I agree Sky a really good deal, I did a search via fleabay and nearest to me for new bikes; I do have a more local dealer but stuck with a designated Honda only dealer. Not a multi franchised one.

Post by Guest Fri 28 Dec 2018, 8:00 pm

Welcome matey, hope you had a good Christmas too.
    OldRocker
    OldRocker
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by OldRocker Sat 29 Dec 2018, 12:16 pm

teamster1975 wrote:Welcome matey, hope you had a good Christmas too.

Hi mate
    Yes a good xmas thanks, hope yours was good as well.
    mikethebike
    mikethebike
    Crotch Rocketuer
    Crotch Rocketuer

Post by mikethebike Mon 31 Dec 2018, 2:14 pm

OldRocker wrote:

skyrider wrote:yes you are quite right perhaps I should rush out and invest  Laughing

I got 500 squid off the price of a new one (£4,900), they are discounted at the mo as the dealers are getting the 2019 models in. drunken Also got the most money for my trade in against other dealers.

Blimey! That was a good deal.  I only paid £125.00 less than that for my last brand new bike (a ZZ-R 600 ... in 1990).  So much for inflation Smile .  Welcome by the way- and happy new year too.
    OldRocker
    OldRocker
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by OldRocker Mon 31 Dec 2018, 2:31 pm

mikethebike wrote:

OldRocker wrote:

Blimey! That was a good deal.  I only paid £125.00 less than that for my last brand new bike (a ZZ-R 600 ... in 1990).  So much for inflation Smile .  Welcome by the way- and happy new year too.
    Yes Sky, still smiling and well pleased with the bike. Got a mobile call from Scorpion (Datatag Tracker}yesterday afternoon, I was installing my tom tom 410 sat nav and disconnected the battery to make final connections and they checked as it threw up a warning on their computer.  Embarassed Explained what I doing and said I would telephone them next time before disconnecting the battery. (At least the system works). I took off the tracker speed monitoring when I go out riding Rolling Eyes .
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Tue 01 Jan 2019, 3:09 pm

Yes Sky, still smiling and well pleased with the bike. Got a mobile call from Scorpion (Datatag Tracker}yesterday afternoon, I was installing my tom tom 410 sat nav and disconnected the battery to make final connections and they checked as it threw up a warning on their computer.  :oops: Explained what I doing and said I would telephone them next time before disconnecting the battery. (At least the system works). I took off the tracker speed monitoring when I go out riding :roll: .

Do you also have to phone them before taking it out for a ride? :)

I'm not really sure I'd like this kind of tracker on my bike - mind you, mine isn't worth stealing!
    stormbringer
    stormbringer
    the 900
    the 900

Post by stormbringer Tue 01 Jan 2019, 5:22 pm

Sigh.

I've gone with a used bike simply because I refuse to be ripped-off even more. You're probably not even aware of it, but you brits are a pampered lot. Let me offer a bit of comparison here, taken from my local used-bike-exchange-market:
    New Member Udklip10
    Danish currency is approx 8.3 DKK/GBP, meaning above shown bike will set you back ~3400£

Now, let's turn our attention to OldRocker's nice, new, shiny CB500F AJ:
    Official Honda DK webpage:
    New Member Udklip11
    Which converts into a sum of some 8600£. Give or take a few quid.

OldRocker, I trust you cherish your new bike just a little bit more now, eh?

And - welcome to the club. New-bike owners much appreciated; you bring new info and new insight. Please just remember the majority of us are still hacking away on old stuff. Be gentle...

Cheers.
    OldRocker
    OldRocker
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by OldRocker Tue 01 Jan 2019, 5:32 pm

eternally_troubled wrote:

Yes Sky, still smiling and well pleased with the bike. Got a mobile call from Scorpion (Datatag Tracker}yesterday afternoon, I was installing my tom tom 410 sat nav and disconnected the battery to make final connections and they checked as it threw up a warning on their computer.  Embarassed Explained what I was doing and said I would telephone them next time before disconnecting the battery. (At least the system works). I took off the tracker speed monitoring when I go out riding Rolling Eyes .

Do you also have to phone them before taking it out for a ride? Smile

I'm not really sure I'd like this kind of tracker on my bike - mind you, mine isn't worth stealing!

No I don't have to tel them before taking it for a ride, only when I disconnect the battery or someone nicked it. I can also track the bike via my iPhone, laptop etc.
    The tracker came with the bike and a years subscription. Will decide whether I renew after that.

Last edited by OldRocker on Tue 01 Jan 2019, 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    OldRocker
    OldRocker
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by OldRocker Tue 01 Jan 2019, 5:56 pm

stormbringer wrote:

Sigh.

I've gone with a used bike simply because I refuse to be ripped-off even more. You're probably not even aware of it, but you brits are a pampered lot. Let me offer a bit of comparison here, taken from my local used-bike-exchange-market:
    New Member Udklip10
    Danish currency is approx 8.3 DKK/GBP, meaning above shown bike will set you back ~3400£

Now, let's turn our attention to OldRocker's nice, new, shiny CB500F AJ:
    Official Honda DK webpage:
    New Member Udklip11
    Which converts into a sum of some 8600£. Give or take a few quid.

OldRocker, I trust you cherish your new bike just a little bit more now, eh?

And - welcome to the club. New-bike owners much appreciated; you bring new info and new insight. Please just remember the majority of us are still hacking away on old stuff. Be gentle...

Cheers.

I know second hand & new bikes are expensive in Denmark I have friends who live in Odense and in Tjele. I used to have a 2002 cb500 with 11,000 miles on the clock and brought it for £1,450 (sold it for £1850). I also imported a 1997 cb400 four nc36 50th anniversary edition, water cooled with 4 seperate exhausts from Japan. Also a VT500c 1986 shaft driven cruiser from the USA and did it up and sold it on for £600 profit.
    I certainly wouldn't knock anyone with an older bike as we are all biker friends.
    My new CB500 F AJ cost me £4990 on the road including pdi & road tax etc.
    Your bike should be good for 100,000 miles as they have bullet proof engines if oil/filter/engine etc serviced correctly as per the manufacturer.
    Take care and ride safe mate.
    David
    PS: It's nice to be pampered now and again. cheers Laughing
    stormbringer
    stormbringer
    the 900
    the 900

Post by stormbringer Tue 01 Jan 2019, 6:21 pm

OldRocker wrote:I know second hand & new bikes are expensive in Denmark
    I also imported a 1997 cb400 four nc36 50th anniversary edition, water cooled with 4 seperate exhausts from Japan.

Chuckling.

Right. The problem with pricing here is that it's historically based. Someone - a politician of course - way back decided to exploit those evil, foul, obnoxious motorcar/bike owners by raising the tax to be paid on acquisition rather than the tax on use, meaning we've had a get-one-pay-for-three thing going - and the same petrol prices as everywhere else (to avoid trade across the border). Bloody brilliant. The problem with this arrangement is that it appears to be difficult to change, meaning we're stuck in 'old ways'. Not smart, when the world is moving towards leasing-schemes and a six-year-replacement scenario. Talk about postponing a problem for 'future generations' Sad
    Oh well.

That CB400 - that's the fabled and (quite insane) 'grey import' bike, right? I recall a story told by elders on late nights near the fireplace, mentioning monsters created by japanese manufacturers to circumvent local regulations on driver lincensing. 400cc max, rather than eg 40bhp max. Making said manufacturers churn out some pretty bonkers 400cc bikes Smile

Safe: WillDo.

Pampered: Yes. Wish I could make the missus understand that.
    OldRocker
    OldRocker
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by OldRocker Wed 02 Jan 2019, 9:54 am

stormbringer wrote:

OldRocker wrote:I know second hand & new bikes are expensive in Denmark
    I also imported a 1997 cb400 four nc36 50th anniversary edition, water cooled with 4 seperate exhausts from Japan.

Chuckling.

Right. The problem with pricing here is that it's historically based. Someone - a politician of course - way back decided to exploit those evil, foul, obnoxious motorcar/bike owners by raising the tax to be paid on acquisition rather than the tax on use, meaning we've had a get-one-pay-for-three thing going - and the same petrol prices as everywhere else (to avoid trade across the border). Bloody brilliant. The problem with this arrangement is that it appears to be difficult to change, meaning we're stuck in 'old ways'. Not smart, when the world is moving towards leasing-schemes and a six-year-replacement scenario. Talk about postponing a problem for 'future generations' Sad
    Oh well.

That CB400 - that's the fabled and (quite insane) 'grey import' bike, right? I recall a story told by elders on late nights near the fireplace, mentioning monsters created by japanese manufacturers to circumvent local regulations on driver lincensing. 400cc max, rather than eg 40bhp max. Making said manufacturers churn out some pretty bonkers 400cc bikes Smile

Safe: WillDo.

Pampered: Yes. Wish I could make the missus understand that.
    Here in the UK the leasing arrangements are mostly over 3 years, then either pay off the balance, give it back or start again with a new bike/car. Not for me though as I prefer to own them and lucky enough to be able to afford to buy one outright (buying power and discounts). My cb400 NC36 has 53bhp and revs to 11,500 rpm tops out at 115mph which would loose your license if caught.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 May 2024, 2:54 am