CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

2 posters

She has to go... :(

Netballman
    Squiddy
    Squiddy

She has to go... :( Empty She has to go... :(

Post by Netballman Wed 14 Aug 2019, 1:12 pm

Hi chaps, 

It is with a heavy heart I have to offer my old CB500S (X reg) for sale. She brought me back to biking in my mid-life crisis, became my daily commuter for over a decade, and since my retirement in March ( Very Happy ) she just sits in the garage, and she's far too good for that!  

She's done just short of 60k miles and been regularly main dealer serviced. She had a major refurb a few years ago and considering her age and the fact she has been slogging it to central London in all weathers for so long she's in pretty good condition. There is some of the inevitable furring corrosion of the engine block and the usual superficial fork corrosion, spots of rust here and there and a brown spot on the headlamp lens due to years of using a highpower Phillips bulb. There is a crack repair to the LH side of the fairing which is cosmeticaly still visible (it originally had white reflective tape over it) but completely sound. There's good meat on the rear tyre but the front is pretty much on the limit (though still just legal) - both BT45s. 

During the aforementioned refurb the suspension (front fork springs and shocks) were replaced with Hagons, the exhaust with stainless Motad downpipes and a Viper street legal can, a new front disk, chain and sprockets, new Yuasa battery, and a braided front brake line. Also has a Scottoiler and a customised Bagster tank cover, and a flip-up screen.  I have a fat file of her service records (95% complete for whole life) and she's never failed an MOT (current one expires mid-October). Starts easily, runs well, and is reliable as old boots. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10162348493150171&set=a.10162348491670171&type=3&theater

She currently has an old Kappa topbox with a broken lock, but I have a replacement Homcom unit with mounting plate(still boxed) which I haven't fitted which I will throw in along with the original exhaust pipe and screen.

Any offers from you guys before I have to shift her on Ebay? 

Andy

Si-Riding likes this post

joe mc donald
    joe mc donald
    Running out of unique names
    Running out of unique names

She has to go... :( Empty Re: She has to go... :(

Post by joe mc donald Wed 04 Aug 2021, 12:36 pm

wondered if you still had the cb and the location.
                                Joe.

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 11:49 am