CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

2 posters

Pistons

Mgkr111
    Mgkr111

Pistons Empty Pistons

Post by Mgkr111 Sat 26 Aug 2023, 9:59 am

Hi all. My first post and its a technical one 

Just went to have my bike serviced and got chatting to the mechanic and he said there are a few of the racers who have dropped different pistons in to raise the compression. He was a little unsure if they where from the cbr929 or 954. Ive had a look and there bores seem to be bigger than ours. Ideally I'd rather not go and have the block bored out, As such wondered what you would know as alternatives? 

I'm in the process of building up a bike and would like to see what options are out there for any gains from the 52hp having already sorted the exhaust. 

Anyone know anything about this, have you done it? 

Thanks, I'm sure I will ask millions of questions about these awesome little bikes in time. 

Mike
    ANDYC
    ANDYC
    the 900
    the 900

Mechanic

Pistons Empty Re: Pistons

Post by ANDYC Sat 26 Aug 2023, 12:18 pm

Pistons 20230711
    It depends very much on how far you want to go on the power stakes really. I have nearly 73hp from mine.Pistons 20230710
    ANDYC
    ANDYC
    the 900
    the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC Sat 26 Aug 2023, 12:22 pm

Due to the age of these engines I would recommend a rebore if you're planning on fitting new pistons. 
    I do have high compression pistons available in 73.50mm and 74mm. I can get them in 73mm but on worn bores I don't really recommend them.

Al1040 likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 6:36 pm