CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

NEC

muttley1
    the 900
    the 900

NEC Empty NEC

Post by muttley1 Sat 18 Nov 2023, 5:57 pm

So, ticket bought in advance so I'm going for a look-see. I'm after some denim bike jeans and a summer (open face) lid. Doubtless I'll sit on a few bikes, have a coffee or two. I'll post how it goes.
    muttley1
    muttley1
    the 900
    the 900

NEC Empty Re: NEC

Post by muttley1 Tue 21 Nov 2023, 7:47 pm

And, I've been.

Here's a short summary...
    There's plenty of shiny bikes to sit on this time, from all the big players, and plenty of people milling around. Its the busiest I've seen it compared to recent years and this time did seem more about the bikes.

The cb500 Hornet was there. It looks nothing like the '94-'02 version and doesn't feel like it sitting on one either, it was a dull grey too which didn't help. Other manufacturers have spent time on decent paint/colour schemes. Things move on and 650's seem the new "first big bike" now.

Running with the retro look but soundly built vibe, Royal Enfield had a big stall compared to usual. Triumph did too. I didn't notice the Chinese made 1970's tooling bikes (Mutt, Rashford etc).

Overall, it seems bikes are getting more complex electronically and modern roadsters are a growing sector. All the ones I tried had nice touches to paint/looks and good riding positions with wide bars.

There were fewer clothes stalls and certainly less parts/accessories ones. I didn't check out bargains too much but got a very nice Bell helmet from the Helmet City stall.

The bike park is miles from the main halls which is a pain if you've bought kit! I asked 3 different staff where it was when I left but none could tell me. Its Hall 12 if you do go.

Overall, worth the visit and as I'm thinking of another bike, plenty to think about.

muttley1

Al1040 likes this post

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 6:17 pm