CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

+4
ceejay
eternally_troubled
sullivj
Jameshambleton
8 posters

text not word wrapping in posts properly

jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

text not word wrapping in posts properly Empty text not word wrapping in posts properly

Post by jerryfudd Wed 07 Jan 2015, 10:49 am

I don't know if its just me or my machine but I keep noticing that the text disappears on the very right hand edge on a post like the text box is too big for the window.

Just a guess but might have something to do with the alignment of the username and avatar picture on the left being off and has shunted the box further right?

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQURSTUVWXYZ ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQURSTUVWXYZ ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQURSTUVWXYZ ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQURSTUVWXYZ ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQURSTUVWXYZ 

trying to demonstrate what I mean....

Last edited by jerryfudd on Wed 07 Jan 2015, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

text not word wrapping in posts properly Empty Re: text not word wrapping in posts properly

Post by jerryfudd Wed 07 Jan 2015, 10:50 am

when i look at the post above it cuts off just after Q but if you do a quote and read it in the edit window you can see that it does go all the way to Z and should have text wrapped............ tongue

(or it could just be me!)
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

text not word wrapping in posts properly Empty Re: text not word wrapping in posts properly

Post by jerryfudd Wed 07 Jan 2015, 10:53 am

or see the smiley after the dots in the above post (except if you are using Internet Explorer but then the top post cuts off at M instead and still doesn't wrap)

I mainly use Firefox or Safari flipping between a pc an mac on if that makes a difference
    Jameshambleton
    Jameshambleton
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Jameshambleton Wed 07 Jan 2015, 12:01 pm

I've also had this problem for a while but I just thought that it was me, I changed my zoom level to 110% or 150% and it seems to have temporally sorted it out
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd Wed 07 Jan 2015, 12:04 pm

its been doing it for awhile but more annoying since after posting I keep noticing and having to edit to insert the carriage returns
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Wed 07 Jan 2015, 4:19 pm

Odd. I can see all your posts fine (both at home and at work - two different computers, different firefox zoom levels).
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd Wed 07 Jan 2015, 4:30 pm

in a bit of a accident I had the browser as a window instead of full screen and it was fine - then reverted back to the problem when going full screen again...... maybe a problem on hi-res? running 2560x1440.

text not word wrapping in posts properly ScreenShot2015-01-07at162818_zps6ad94055
    Jameshambleton
    Jameshambleton
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Jameshambleton Wed 07 Jan 2015, 4:54 pm

My res is 1600-900 on my laptop and 1920-1080 at home on my desktop 

Laptop screenshots
    text not word wrapping in posts properly Screen10text not word wrapping in posts properly Screen11
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd Wed 07 Jan 2015, 4:57 pm

meh, no biggie if its not everyone Smile
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Wed 07 Jan 2015, 4:57 pm

Reads just fine on my ipad mini.
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Wed 07 Jan 2015, 5:30 pm

Having just looked at your pictures there is something odd going on with the gap between the avatar/username box on the left and the body of the post... out of interest, does the problem go away if you change resolution (assuming that's not too much trouble)?
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd Wed 07 Jan 2015, 5:41 pm

eternally_troubled wrote:Having just looked at your pictures there is something odd going on with the gap between the avatar/username box on the left and the body of the post...  out of interest, does the problem go away if you change resolution (assuming that's not too much trouble)?

thats what I thought, might give it a try tomorrow.

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jan 2015, 7:46 pm

Just to add I'm running Firefox on my laptop at 1366x768 and it all displays ok; I'll have to do some testing on a hi-res screen to see if I can make it happen.
    FWIW I am running NoScript and Adblock Plus although I can't see them making a difference.
    stormbringer
    stormbringer
    the 900
    the 900

Post by stormbringer Thu 08 Jan 2015, 6:44 am

Same issue here.
    Assumed it was caused by me running the Linux/Debian-version of Firefox (IceWeasel), but seeing other people have the same issue I'll be reading this thread with renewed interest.
    ceejay
    ceejay
    the 900
    the 900

Post by ceejay Thu 08 Jan 2015, 10:38 am

I have same problem. Using Chrome on a widescreen monitor plugged into a laptop. However I have always used this set up and it's only been happening last couple of months.
    stormbringer
    stormbringer
    the 900
    the 900

Post by stormbringer Fri 09 Jan 2015, 6:14 am

Now showing at a Windows 7 office PC near me:
    text not word wrapping in posts properly Clippi10
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd Fri 09 Jan 2015, 7:17 am

think it has more to do with the resolution than browser and os...
    ceejay
    ceejay
    the 900
    the 900

Post by ceejay Sun 11 Jan 2015, 7:29 pm

I have the same view on this website as stormbringer's screenshot. I'm using 1920 x 1080 but I've always used this and it used to be okay. Changing resolution does fix it but makes my computer unusable for everything else! I've not had any problems with any other sites.

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jan 2015, 7:41 pm

There may be some code I can change in the style sheets but I've not had a chance to plough into it with real life obligations. Will try and knuckle down this week Wink
    peatrich
    peatrich
    Rossi
    Rossi

Post by peatrich Thu 15 Jan 2015, 8:49 pm

I'm using Safari on an iMac and its annoying.  As someone said above if you need to read the whole post you have to 'quote' to see it all.
    peatrich
    peatrich
    Rossi
    Rossi

Post by peatrich Thu 15 Jan 2015, 8:53 pm

My resolution is 1920x1200.  If I reduce the window to two thirds of the screen, the text wraps and I can see the whole post!
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd Fri 16 Jan 2015, 7:22 am

peatrich wrote:I'm using Safari on an iMac and its annoying.  As someone said above if you need to read the whole post you have to 'quote' to see it all.

yup that's the problem alright

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jan 2015, 6:03 pm

Guys can you check to see if this is fixed? You'll notice the site filling up the whole of the screen now!

Cheers,

Matt

Edit: No it hasn't, still working on it.

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jan 2015, 7:00 pm

Ok I think I've got it cracked now, the post body width was set to 140% which was messing up the text wrapping.
    Would appreciate feedback from anyone that was having a problem with this Smile
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Tue 27 Jan 2015, 7:03 pm

Looks smaller on my iPad now....

By smaller, I mean there's a block of black on the right hand side.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 2:48 pm