CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

+4
ceejay
eternally_troubled
sullivj
Jameshambleton
8 posters

text not word wrapping in posts properly

text not word wrapping in posts properly - Page 2 Empty Re: text not word wrapping in posts properly

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jan 2015, 7:07 pm

sullivj wrote:Looks smaller on my iPad now....

By smaller, I mean there's a block of black on the right hand side.

What's it like now Sully? I've just tweaked it...
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

text not word wrapping in posts properly - Page 2 Empty Re: text not word wrapping in posts properly

Post by sullivj Tue 27 Jan 2015, 7:24 pm

For me, there's still about an inch of black between the end of the text and the ad banner on the far right....

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jan 2015, 7:31 pm

sullivj wrote:For me, there's still about an inch of black between the end of the text and the ad banner on the far right....

Ok I think I'll leave it as it is for now until we get more feedback. It looks as though the graphic for the text box is a fixed width and the post body width was set to 140% to fill it. I've dropped it back to 120% which seems to have cured the text wrapping, if it is cured for everyone I'll tweak up the width a little higher.
    Thanks for the feedback mate!
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Tue 27 Jan 2015, 7:35 pm

Suits me mate.

Appreciate your efforts.

Cheers,
    John
    jerryfudd
    jerryfudd
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by jerryfudd Wed 28 Jan 2015, 9:58 am

Hi, just to say that this is working fine for me now at work on the hi-res screens - hopefully others too.

I get the black space that sullivj on my iphone which is no biggie as a double tap and it zooms in automatically till the text fills the width of the screen.

thanks for all your efforts! cheers cheers cheers
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Wed 28 Jan 2015, 12:20 pm

Yep, some black space on the right for me too. I don't think that has actually changed, it was just
    balanced by the black space on the left so you didn't notice too much....

Anyway, good to hear the wrapping problem is fixed.

Post by Guest Wed 28 Jan 2015, 4:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback chaps, it was uncharted territory for me and a lot of googling CSS code!
    ceejay
    ceejay
    the 900
    the 900

Post by ceejay Sun 01 Feb 2015, 10:29 pm

Cheers for looking into this - much improved for me also.I only lose the final character now as below but no big deal, maybe I have a weird resolution monitor. Screenshot:

text not word wrapping in posts properly - Page 2 Untitl10
    Melitos
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

Post by Melitos Wed 25 Jan 2017, 5:10 pm

Hi

I am loosing some characters on the right side. I am running Win10, Firefox, 2560 x 1440 resolution.

Pic:

text not word wrapping in posts properly - Page 2 Cb500club

BR,
    Antti
    Jameshambleton
    Jameshambleton
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Jameshambleton Wed 25 Jan 2017, 6:31 pm

Melitos wrote:Hi

I am loosing some characters on the right side. I am running Win10, Firefox, 2560 x 1440 resolution.

Pic:

BR,
    Antti
    Change your zoom level to 110% and it solves the issue.
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Wed 25 Jan 2017, 11:12 pm

Melitos wrote:Hi

Pic:

BR,
    Antti

Hmm. I suspect that resolution may not have been anticipated by the previous fix, sadly I'm not the right person to fix it properly. I'd go with James' suggestion of adjusting the zoom-level, which I know is annoying, until we manage to do something better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 3:50 pm