CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

3 posters

OFF TODAY

tracker3
    tracker3
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

OFF TODAY Empty OFF TODAY

Post by tracker3 Sun 30 Jan 2011, 10:23 pm

affraid So it finaly happened, i came off on black ice.Turning right at traffic lights, next i'm sliding down the road.Luckly not hurt just shook up a bit,two guys stopped to help, much appreciated.Only about a mile from the house so straight back to assess the damaged,luckily nothing that i can't sort out,ie throttle stuck, rear brake peddle bent, minor scrapes, nothing on the tank thankfully.While up on the centre stand the real wheel is now firmly on the floor,it wasn't like that before scratch.Couldn't see nothing obvious.I done a search on the forum and found info on the centre stand (thanks guys).One of the photos made me sit up,the shaft had nearly sheared!So its coming off tomorrow for a look see.To be continued---
    GINGER
    GINGER
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

OFF TODAY Empty Re: OFF TODAY

Post by GINGER Sun 30 Jan 2011, 10:33 pm

sorry to hear your news thank your lucky stars your ok and nothing much to fix on yer bike !

ta Ginger ...........x

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jan 2011, 8:38 am

Christ, glad you're ok mate! Shocked
    Best of luck with the repairs, hopefully ebay will come up trumps with cheap bits!
    tracker3
    tracker3
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

Post by tracker3 Tue 01 Feb 2011, 11:21 pm

Well I removed the centre stand yesterday a bit stuborn but finaly off.The shaft is worn on the r/h side,also both supporting lugs have worn.I have a lathe so i'm making up a new shaft.The stand itself is good,cleaned it, put vinegar (cheap) on it to kill the rust,then will paint it,probaly never will be off again,the stand not me!
    smokiewazhere
    smokiewazhere
    Four's a...something...
    Four's a...something...

Post by smokiewazhere Wed 02 Feb 2011, 7:53 pm

sorry to hear about your off yesterday but at least you are ok which is the main thing the bike can be repaired through time

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 6:02 am