CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Krauser K3 panniers fitting kit instructions?

Melitos
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

Krauser K3 panniers fitting kit instructions? Empty Krauser K3 panniers fitting kit instructions?

Post by Melitos Fri 24 Feb 2017, 3:26 pm

Hi

When I purchased my bike, Krauser K3 panniers were included but not fitted. I have no idea how they should be fixed to bike.
    I found some pics from German site but the system between the K-wing plate and bike frame is not very clearly pictured. Also the links to fitting instructions on the German site were dead.

http://www.cb500-wiki.de/doku.php?id=verkleidung_und_anbauteile:gepaecksysteme#krauser_k-wing_koffertraeger

Mine have the same boomerang shape mounting plates and a collection of steel bars, nuts and bolts. Also it might very well be possible that the fitting kit that followe is not even meant to CB500...

BR,
    Antti
    Melitos
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

Krauser K3 panniers fitting kit instructions? Empty Re: Krauser K3 panniers fitting kit instructions?

Post by Melitos Sun 26 Feb 2017, 3:02 pm

Oh well, yesterday I took the parts and started fiddling with them until I figured it out. The bracket bolts to the passenger rear grab / rear rack upper mounting point and indicator mounting point + clamps to low grab. Indicators need to be moved but the bracket has installation point for the indicators as well.

Krauser K3 panniers fitting kit instructions? 20170225_183402

I seem to have about 1.5cm / ½inch clearance between my Fuel exhaust and pannier but I think it is enough since airflow cools the case. Anyway I am not even sure if I will ever use these panniers.

Krauser K3 panniers fitting kit instructions? 20170225_183152

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 5:02 pm