CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

3 posters

I ask for instructions for removing givi wingrack

Alpino
    Alpino

I ask for instructions for removing givi wingrack Empty I ask for instructions for removing givi wingrack

Post by Alpino Wed 03 Apr 2024, 2:50 pm

Hi everyone. 
    I purchased a used CB from 1997. On the bike there is a givi wingrack for attaching the side cases and the rear top case (see photo). I don't need it and I would like to remove it. Is it a very complicated operation? Anyone know how to do it? Or does anyone have the instructions to remove it? 
    Thanks in advance to everyone. 
    And happy travels with your CB 500s this spring 2024. 
    Bye!
    I ask for instructions for removing givi wingrack 0113
    I ask for instructions for removing givi wingrack 0313
    I ask for instructions for removing givi wingrack 0412
    panagiotis
    panagiotis
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

I ask for instructions for removing givi wingrack Empty Re: I ask for instructions for removing givi wingrack

Post by panagiotis Wed 03 Apr 2024, 5:39 pm

Alpino, without touching a grinding machine, undo all the bolts of this thing...or share some side and bellow photo of this thing.
    but, do you have the original, or other solution, for the rear indicators ??
    Alpino
    Alpino

I ask for instructions for removing givi wingrack Empty Re: I ask for instructions for removing givi wingrack

Post by Alpino Wed 03 Apr 2024, 8:06 pm

Yes, I have also the original rear indicators. I cat fit the original indicators after I removed the  wingrack.
    stormbringer
    stormbringer
    the 900
    the 900

Post by stormbringer Thu 04 Apr 2024, 7:19 am

Are you removing thwe Giuvi Wingrack because you don't need it?
    I had the impression from your previous post that you intend to go traveling. And a set of panniers sure come in handy when doing that Smile

Inspiration for travel:
    I ask for instructions for removing givi wingrack Img_2094
    CB posing (wearing a nice set of panniers) in front of Balea Lac at the top of Transfagarasan in Romania.
    Alpino
    Alpino

Post by Alpino Thu 04 Apr 2024, 10:54 am

I want to remove it to register it in an Italian historical register. There is time for travel.
    panagiotis
    panagiotis
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

Post by panagiotis Thu 04 Apr 2024, 11:00 am

you can install it any time you want to travel.
    you'll see what a beautiful motorbike you have without all these metal works around.
    stormbringer
    stormbringer
    the 900
    the 900

Post by stormbringer Thu 04 Apr 2024, 3:18 pm

Alpino wrote:I want to remove it to register it in an Italian historical register. There is time for travel.

I see. And, like @panagiotis says, take note of the quite classic lines this bike shows when relieved of its additional metalworks. Ask a child to draw a motorbike and the kid will draw - a CB500ish bike...

In my view, removing the plastic shrouds on both sides of the radiator also add to the looks of the bike. Some like them - I don't. They seem to have no function and thus no raison d'etre.
    Oh well.

panagiotis likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 10:02 am