CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

3 posters

Newbie Saying Hi

Disco Dog
    Disco Dog
    Hyper Viper
    Hyper Viper

Newbie Saying Hi Empty Newbie Saying Hi

Post by Disco Dog Sun 19 Sep 2010, 8:32 pm

Not only new to the Forum but to CB ownership. Passed my test on a 125 about 5 weeks ago and after a worrying trip on the M62 decided that I needed a bigger bike.

After trawling the internet and reading time after time that the CB500 was the ideal first bike I found a 2002 example for sale just outside Edinburgh that the guy would fit a restrictor kit to. My first trip was bringing it home to Lancashire - 185 miles.

Obviously I was apprehensive about the journey, but found that within the first 15 minutes I was perfectly comfortable. What a difference to the 125!!!. Easier to ride, goes up hills at more than 40 and able to overtake. Bliss. Very Happy

It's a bog standard CB500-2 and I'm looking forward to getting to know it better if it ever stops chucking it down Crying or Very sad

No doubt I'll have a few silly questions before long, but promise to search for previous posts before posting them.

Regards to all.

John

LI
    LI
    Two Tone
    Two Tone

Newbie Saying Hi Empty Re: Newbie Saying Hi

Post by LI Sun 19 Sep 2010, 9:55 pm

Hello and welcome to the club. Can't say I'd like to take a 125 on a motorway either...
    octane
    octane
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by octane Mon 20 Sep 2010, 9:58 pm

Congrats on passing yer test John and welcome to the site.

You'll have great fun on the CB mate and If your a total newcomer to biking then just take your time and go at your own pace. You may find a tendancy to try and keep up with your more experienced mates but just let them go until you get some miles under your belt. You'll never stop learning buddy and always take the time to do some pre-flight checks before setting off. You have a few mins to spare while the bikes getting up to temperature so check tyres for any unwanted foreign bodys, pressure etc before setting off. If you can get into this routine early on into biking it will put you in the right mindset for the future rather than just jumping on and riding away.

Safe and enjoyable riding John and get some piccies up of your ride too

Post by Guest Wed 22 Sep 2010, 10:39 am

Welcome John!
    I bet you can't wait until your 2 years is up and you can get the full grunt from the bike! Very Happy
    Disco Dog
    Disco Dog
    Hyper Viper
    Hyper Viper

Post by Disco Dog Thu 23 Sep 2010, 9:28 am

Thanks for the welcome. The tips are much appreciated.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 5:18 pm