CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

3 posters

pilot screw and carb sync

geewhizz
    geewhizz
    the 900
    the 900

pilot screw and carb sync Empty pilot screw and carb sync

Post by geewhizz Sun 25 Aug 2013, 1:42 pm

anyone have a suggestion for the number of turns out i should put the pilot screw. Haynes says 1-2 turns. However I've put a fuel exhaust and K&N air filter in. I'm keen to get reduce the popping on over run if possible. At the mo I've set them at 2+3/4. Also after I do this will it affect the carb sync - i.e should i be re syncing after fiddling with the pilot screw?  thanks g
    teabag
    teabag
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

pilot screw and carb sync Empty Re: pilot screw and carb sync

Post by teabag Sun 25 Aug 2013, 7:22 pm

As you know the Pilot screw affects the air/fuel mixture,as you have fitted a aftermarket endcan and airfilter you mixture will be out of sync,it will be a trial and error ,adjust each and try and get the bike ticking over evenly at a high idle speed ,then adjust the idle speed using the litle wheel thingy !!!!
    I would suggest once you have done this that you then balance the carbs
    As i said it will be trial and error as you are deviating from the what the bike has been factory set to do
    toffeeroffles
    toffeeroffles
    Crotch Rocketuer
    Crotch Rocketuer

Post by toffeeroffles Tue 27 Aug 2013, 3:27 pm

HM Racing set my pilot at 3 and a quarter turns on my dyno run/setup (K&N filter and end can but I have a long funny shaped link pipe to my underseat exhaust). I think K&N recommend 3 turns.

They also fitted me with #126 dyno-jet jets (equal to 128 Kehein so he said) and an extra shim under the needle.

You will still get some over run popping but 3 to 3.25 turns should alleviate some of it, its just the nature of the engine.

I wouldn't worry too much about the up jetting unless you really want to squeeze all the horses you can from it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 1:51 pm