CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Front brake brake light adjustment

Carlosoul
    Carlosoul
    Squiddy
    Squiddy

Front brake brake light adjustment Empty Front brake brake light adjustment

Post by Carlosoul Wed 28 Aug 2013, 12:53 pm

Hi all,

My front brake light comes on with only the slightest smallest of touches, can anyone tell me how you adjust this so that it needs a bigger pull on the braker lever to make the brake light come on.
    Im currently riding with the brake light coming on all the time.

Many thanks for any help.
    Carlos

Front brake brake light adjustment Empty Re: Front brake brake light adjustment

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 1:55 pm

Hi Carlos

There's a spring that snaps in the master cylinder that causes this; item 23 on this diagram. It fits behind the rubber boot and the push rod slots into the end of it; the last couple of coils usually snap off.
    Carlosoul
    Carlosoul
    Squiddy
    Squiddy

Post by Carlosoul Wed 28 Aug 2013, 8:20 pm

Many thanks teamster1975, I will get the part and give it a go myself, hopefully wont be too much for my low level mechanical skill.

Thanks for diagram, really helpful.

Post by Guest Wed 28 Aug 2013, 8:37 pm

I would replace the rubber boot while you're at it; if it's been on there a while it will probably rip when you remove it. It's quite a tight fit!
    Smear a load of red rubber grease over the spring when you put it together which hopefully will protect it a bit more, it's a daft design.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024, 8:11 am