CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

2 posters

indicators again

Stormy
    Stormy
    Four's a...something...
    Four's a...something...

Awesome!

indicators again Empty indicators again

Post by Stormy Sun 27 Feb 2011, 10:41 pm

I've got my replacement indicators, and went to change them today, only to discover that the connectors on the new indicators are significantly smaller than the aftermarket ones that have been put on. Does this mean that there's something else that needs changing as well? ( ie something I can't see). They do work when plugged into the existing wires, but would have to be tightly crimped to hold them in. Would this be a problem? I know elementary questions, but my mechanical knowledge is very basic, but I do want to learn to do some things myself if possible. Thanks.
    hayden
    hayden
    the 900
    the 900

indicators again Empty Re: indicators again

Post by hayden Mon 28 Feb 2011, 8:51 am

Hi Stormy

It doesn`t really matter what connectors are used for indicators as long as they fit each other.

You may have to cut the old ones off, expose some wire and re-crimp using matching pairs for the best solution. Shrink wrapping after is best but you can get by by wrapping the joint in insulating tape to keep things safe and the water out.

there not dear and ready available from anywhere, something like these would do.
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/components/connectors/crimp-terminals

Current date/time is Thu 17 Oct 2024, 12:37 am