CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

4 posters

dropped bike - indicator question

jonny10
    jonny10
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

dropped bike - indicator question Empty dropped bike - indicator question

Post by jonny10 Sat 21 Apr 2018, 6:18 pm

Dropped the bike - hadn't put the sidestand down fully and she rolled forward ....  Embarassed
    It's the faired S model 2002, left indicator wrecked.
    The replacement indicators on Wemoto look a lot shorter; does any one know if they do actualy fit the S model?
    Seems like the long stem ones can't be got any more so if the Wemoto ones would fit, I'd just replace the both of them
    Alternatively, if anyone has one lying about I'd be happy to buy.
    Fair Weather Rider
    Fair Weather Rider
    the 900
    the 900

dropped bike - indicator question Empty Re: dropped bike - indicator question

Post by Fair Weather Rider Sat 21 Apr 2018, 7:25 pm

Get a set that fix directly onto the fairing.
    On eBay, someone will send you the link
    About £12 I think. Very Happy
    Oafski
    Oafski
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by Oafski Sun 22 Apr 2018, 10:18 pm

I bought a short stem replacement for a Naked Bike and swapped the lamp body itself onto the long stem on the bike.
    louis_sutton
    louis_sutton
    the 800
    the 800

Post by louis_sutton Sun 22 Apr 2018, 10:30 pm

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F331887522290

These fit mate. Got photos of them on mine if you want a look
    jonny10
    jonny10
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by jonny10 Mon 23 Apr 2018, 8:30 pm

louis_sutton wrote:https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F331887522290

These fit mate. Got photos of them on mine if you want a look

Thanks Louis, they look good. Any one of them fits?
    Pics would be great.

Maybe a dumb question, but...
    you know the wee angled plate/bracket with fixed screw, at the end of the OE indicator stem, which slides into the mount on the bike?
    Is it just a question of pulling that off the damaged one and fitting it to the stem of the replacement indicator? scratch
    jonny10
    jonny10
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by jonny10 Mon 23 Apr 2018, 8:33 pm

Oafski wrote:I bought a short stem replacement for a Naked Bike and swapped the lamp body itself onto the long stem on the bike.

Didn't know that could be done!
    The stem is ok, the lamp body is in bits.
    Must have a look at that....
    louis_sutton
    louis_sutton
    the 800
    the 800

Post by louis_sutton Tue 24 Apr 2018, 12:38 am

Have pm'd as i can't figure out photos on a post. Yeah I just undid the big nut which holds the mount plate onto the indicator. Different size nut on the eBay ones and you lose the fixing mount (oem flashers have the thread and a rubber bung which slots into the mount plate to keep it all in place). I just used a few washers on the new one
    jonny10
    jonny10
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by jonny10 Tue 24 Apr 2018, 11:10 pm

louis_sutton wrote:Have pm'd as i can't figure out photos on a post. Yeah I just undid the big nut which holds the mount plate onto the indicator. Different size nut on the eBay ones and you lose the fixing mount (oem flashers have the thread and a rubber bung which slots into the mount plate to keep it all in place). I just used a few washers on the new one

Many thanks Louis - that's very helpful, the ones in your pics look the business too.
    Just need to decide which ones to get and do both.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 2:55 pm