CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

+10
skyrider
muttley1
Lucifer_
sullivj
geewhizz
wornsprokets
Beresford
jerryfudd
Jameshambleton
smokingsig
14 posters

[solved]HTTPS Forum

Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Solved Re: [solved]HTTPS Forum

Post by Beresford Sun 16 Feb 2020, 11:13 am

Hi James. Sunny as ever I see. I can take it that your shed is coming on well then ?
    Laughing

Post by Guest Wed 19 Feb 2020, 10:54 pm

Jameshambleton wrote:Came here expecting no progress, wasn't disappointed  Laughing

But James, you still came Laughing
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyrider Wed 19 Feb 2020, 11:12 pm

yea good to hear from you again james  Smile
    smokingsig
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by smokingsig Thu 12 Mar 2020, 6:53 am

The big news is that "Spitonyourgrave22" the site owner, recovered his password on the 31st October, logged in on the 2nd Nov, and hasn't been back since despite my messaging him. This has sabotaged my attempt to transfer ownership and unfortunately we will have to wait again to request transfer.
    I'm glad this is not a commercial site because it is a total shambles.

Why would he do that ?

Guess I'm gonne remove my acocunt. This is nonsense. 

What is a good alternative for this website ?

Post by Guest Thu 12 Mar 2020, 8:41 am

smokingsig wrote:

The big news is that "Spitonyourgrave22" the site owner, recovered his password on the 31st October, logged in on the 2nd Nov, and hasn't been back since despite my messaging him. This has sabotaged my attempt to transfer ownership and unfortunately we will have to wait again to request transfer.
    I'm glad this is not a commercial site because it is a total shambles.

Why would he do that ?

Guess I'm gonne remove my acocunt. This is nonsense. 

What is a good alternative for this website ?

I have no idea. I'll approach the Forumotion lot again seeing as that was over 4 months ago now.
    There is the CB500 Facebook group which apparently a lot of people frequent, if that is your cup of tea.
    smokingsig
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by smokingsig Fri 13 Mar 2020, 1:17 pm

Make them read this thread to point out its obvious we want a new site owner because the current one doesn't give a damn about us.
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyrider Fri 13 Mar 2020, 7:14 pm

yea and as i have said before i am not going on face book sites or any similar crap i want to stay here  Neutral
    smokingsig
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by smokingsig Mon 16 Mar 2020, 10:28 am

Soooooooo: https://hondacb500.forumotion.com/

Edit: seems that this forum now has HTTPS ?

Post by Guest Mon 16 Mar 2020, 3:56 pm

smokingsig wrote:Soooooooo: https://hondacb500.forumotion.com/

Edit: seems that this forum now has HTTPS ?

It wasn't me, so they must have implemented it across all sites by default. Huzzah!

Edit: "spitonyourgrave22" last logged in on the 22nd Jan so it wasn't him, definitely a new default enforced by Forumotion, thank goodness. Probably because Chrome and Firefox are spitting out unsecured sites by default now.
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Mon 16 Mar 2020, 8:57 pm

I am an ignoramus in these things. What is HTTPS, and how does it affect us ?
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyrider Mon 16 Mar 2020, 9:21 pm

yes i second that what does it mean ?
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Mon 16 Mar 2020, 9:42 pm

Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS)
    OK. I got off my ass and looked it up in Wikipedia, but still somewhat baffling if I'm honest.
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyrider Mon 16 Mar 2020, 9:54 pm

sounds gooblidigook  affraid
    smokingsig
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Post by smokingsig Tue 17 Mar 2020, 6:40 am

HTTPS stand for Secure Hypertext or Secure HTTP. It encrypts the traffic between you and the web server with signed certificates. This way all the traffic crossing the internet (for example your login information) is encrypted.

Before we had HTTP. When I logged in with my Username and Password that information would travel the internet un-encrypted = security breach Smile

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2020, 8:59 pm

smokingsig wrote:HTTPS stand for Secure Hypertext or Secure HTTP. It encrypts the traffic between you and the web server with signed certificates. This way all the traffic crossing the internet (for example your login information) is encrypted.

Before we had HTTP. When I logged in with my Username and Password that information would travel the internet un-encrypted = security breach Smile

Exactly this, although you are only compromised if someone is sniffing the traffic, lucky we're not a banking website Shocked Laughing
    tt fan
    tt fan
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

Post by tt fan Sun 03 May 2020, 9:33 am

Hello Everyone, 
    Realise I'm a year late to this thread, and still don't understand it. The site is now difficult (for me impossible) to find through the common search engines, or while using borrowed devices... Not sure why that would be, to do with the secure traffic thing maybe? Just wanted to express an interest in keeping the forum going and away from faceache. Without getting into the politics of ownership and unable to grasp the technical side of running things, i can only express gratitude to those who have bothered and hope they carry on.
    The handful of people i have met and dealt with on here have been decent without exception and the bikes deserve keeping on the road and track. Surely it is a valuable resource?!

Post by Guest Mon 04 May 2020, 9:29 am

tt fan wrote:Hello Everyone, 
    Realise I'm a year late to this thread, and still don't understand it. The site is now difficult (for me impossible) to find through the common search engines, or while using borrowed devices... Not sure why that would be, to do with the secure traffic thing maybe? Just wanted to express an interest in keeping the forum going and away from faceache. Without getting into the politics of ownership and unable to grasp the technical side of running things, i can only express gratitude to those who have bothered and hope they carry on.
    The handful of people i have met and dealt with on here have been decent without exception and the bikes deserve keeping on the road and track. Surely it is a valuable resource?!

Morning! I just typed cb500 club into Google and this site showed as the first result with an HTTPS link, so I think we're ok. Which search engine did you try?
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Mon 04 May 2020, 12:02 pm

I just typed in Honda CB500 Forum and it came up immediately.Worked on PC and Android.
    tt fan
    tt fan
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

Post by tt fan Tue 05 May 2020, 7:41 am

Morning, you are both right - it does for me too (now) several times i searched (google) and could not get past cb500club dot net which seemed to be mostly adverts for combating addiction - i assumed the site had been sold to someone with no interest in the bikes or the domain had been let slip or whatever. Ignore me like i said no clue! scratch

Post by Guest Tue 05 May 2020, 11:23 am

tt fan wrote:Morning, you are both right - it does for me too (now) several times i searched (google) and could not get past cb500club dot net which seemed to be mostly adverts for combating addiction - i assumed the site had been sold to someone with no interest in the bikes or the domain had been let slip or whatever. Ignore me like i said no clue! scratch

You're not going mad, we used to have cb500club dot net but I was unable to contact the site owner to get him to renew it; we reverted to the free forumotion domain.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 2:47 pm