CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

+2
cheesepiece1
RustyRed
6 posters

My bike was stolen last night - AL1

RustyRed
    RustyRed
    Crotch Rocketuer
    Crotch Rocketuer

My bike was stolen last night - AL1 Empty My bike was stolen last night - AL1

Post by RustyRed Mon 30 Aug 2021, 2:35 pm

Hello everyone.

Happy (?) bank holiday!

Last night my bike was stolen. I am in Hertfordshire, AL1. I know this is a long shot but I figured I'd post and maybe have some joy.

It is a red 2002 with blue accents (hand grab, footrest holders, barends). If anyone sees or hears anything, please let me know.

Just got the front wheel on yesterday as I had the fork seals redone. Either it is a super coincidence or someone was watching the bike. I wouldn't think a 2002 CB500 is something you stalk for your opportunity to steal it.

My bike was stolen last night - AL1 Stolen10

Thanks,

-Greg
    cheesepiece1
    cheesepiece1
    Running out of unique names

My bike was stolen last night - AL1 Empty Re: My bike was stolen last night - AL1

Post by cheesepiece1 Mon 30 Aug 2021, 3:22 pm

Greg
    Sorry to hear this. Seems rather a big coincidence to me too.
    Wouldn't be the type of candidate I would think would be stolen to order but with the way the used parts are becoming harder to find, I suppose it only takes one CB500 owner with no morals to steal one as a donor.
    Was it bearing a registration mark at the time of its disappearance? When my bike was stolen in 2008, the number plate was removed immediately, apparently in an effort by the thieves to avoid the plate recognition technology in the area.
    RustyRed
    RustyRed
    Crotch Rocketuer
    Crotch Rocketuer

My bike was stolen last night - AL1 Empty Re: My bike was stolen last night - AL1

Post by RustyRed Tue 31 Aug 2021, 9:50 am

Yeah, it had the number plate on it.

I got a police crime number. I don't really hold out much hope for the police turning anything up though.

-Greg
    cheesepiece1
    cheesepiece1

Post by cheesepiece1 Tue 31 Aug 2021, 9:54 am

Mine was eventually recovered. At least yours is quite distinctive if some rat is running about on it locally.
    burudi
    burudi
    Laser Shark
    Laser Shark

Post by burudi Tue 31 Aug 2021, 10:14 am

sorry. luck!
    Al1040
    Al1040

Post by Al1040 Tue 31 Aug 2021, 12:03 pm

sorry to hear that, fingers crossed for it's retrieval and the scumbag getting his just deserts.

RustyRed likes this post

eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Wed 15 Sep 2021, 10:04 pm

Really sorry to hear this. Best of luck with whatever happens (you'll have to tell us about the insurance 'experience'). At least it is distinctive, so if you see the culprits riding around on it you might notice.
    muttley1
    the 900
    the 900

Post by muttley1 Thu 16 Sep 2021, 10:17 pm

Maybe post on the racers site, thieves might try and offload it there?
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Thu 16 Sep 2021, 11:59 pm

muttley1 wrote:Maybe post on the racers site, thieves might try and offload it there?

I'm not a big fan of facebook, but if you are on there it might be worth a post on the CB500 group there too (in the interests of finding your bike, obviously Smile )

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 1:23 pm