CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

2 posters

what's it worth?

LeetheBull
    LeetheBull
    Squiddy
    Squiddy

what's it worth? Empty what's it worth?

Post by LeetheBull Thu 12 Apr 2012, 10:43 am

Hello all. Thinking about selling my lovely cb500s but hard to tell how much to ask! Looking at others they're either dogs or low Milage gems........mine is somewhere inbetween. W reg, (2000), blue with gold wheels, 31k, in last two months had new pads front and back,new front disk and braided hose, new hagon shocks, new chain and sprockets, clutch cable. When I got it end of 2010, she'd been stood a while so went through everything then (new bearings, cleaned carbs, serviced calipers.....usual stuff) oil and filter every 4000 miles so mechanically she's great! Use her everyday for 80 mile commute, never not started (actually......only once when I'd left the heated grips on) so as you can imagine a little bit tatty but otherwise a great bike. Would like to keep her but not allowed two bikes! (Not really allowed any but have convinced my wife that it's saving us a fortune.....shhhhh). So......what should I sell for? Any ideas? Not low milage, nor a complete dog, tatty but super reliable...........? Help!

what's it worth? Empty Re: what's it worth?

Post by Guest Thu 12 Apr 2012, 12:58 pm

I'd check out the ebay auctions & parkers to get an idea; 31k is not a high mileage for these, it's still a baby! Sad to hear you have to let it go Crying or Very sad
    LeetheBull
    LeetheBull
    Squiddy
    Squiddy

Post by LeetheBull Mon 16 Apr 2012, 9:08 pm

Had a good look, reckon about 800 quid. Anyone interested? Better put in the for sale section!
    fryatuck
    fryatuck
    Three's a Charm
    Three's a Charm

Post by fryatuck Mon 16 Apr 2012, 11:06 pm

£800 would be a good price,
    I have 2002 and was offered £900 cash from a dealer he would put it up for £1100 ish,
    so £800 to £900 tops I would say but depends how quick you want to part with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 4:49 am