CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

+6
badseeds
davetheworv
geewhizz
muttley1
eternally_troubled
Tzache
10 posters

What tires

Tzache
    Tzache
    Crotch Rocketuer
    Crotch Rocketuer

What tires Empty What tires

Post by Tzache Fri 11 Oct 2013, 2:39 am

I don't know if it's the right section but ... still i have a big dillema. I dont know what tires to put. I had Pirelli sport daemon, and i want something better. I plan to go at track days also, but i will ride mostly on road. What other tires do you guys reccomend ? How are BT45 compared with pirelli ?
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

What tires Empty Re: What tires

Post by eternally_troubled Fri 11 Oct 2013, 12:54 pm

I don't know if it's the right section but ...
    It wasn't - I moved it to the 'general' section.  You will get a better range of opinions about tyres there...

I can't really comment on either BT45 or Pirelli sport demons and I haven't used either of them.  The Avon roadriders that I have on my bike certainly let me lean the bike right over in the corners, so I can't really complain about them.

Some people but Bridgestone 090 (I think?) on the CB500 for race track usage... which would probably be better.  Anyway, some one who actually knows will come along in a minute...
    muttley1
    the 900
    the 900

Post by muttley1 Fri 11 Oct 2013, 3:00 pm

Hi,

the tyre question comes up a lot so have a read through some threads on the Genereal or Workshop sections.

m1
    geewhizz
    geewhizz
    the 900
    the 900

Post by geewhizz Fri 11 Oct 2013, 7:22 pm

BT45's? I find they square off pretty easily. This may be down to mainly inner city riding.  After 2000 miles of enthusiastic touring the tread was worn down about half way (more than I was expecting) but a lot of people here seem to favor them. I don't have another point of reference so this could all be very normal but i'll be trying something else on my next tire change...
    davetheworv
    davetheworv
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by davetheworv Fri 11 Oct 2013, 8:07 pm

BT45s are a reasonable enough tyre for every day use  but if you want to do trackdays you will need something grippier, thing is with tyres what one person recommends may not suit the next guy.
    there is loads of reading to help you choose though
    badseeds
    badseeds
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by badseeds Fri 11 Oct 2013, 10:30 pm

davetheworv wrote: thing is with tyres what one person recommends may not suit the next guy.
    Well said, that man.
    Tzache
    Tzache
    Crotch Rocketuer
    Crotch Rocketuer

Post by Tzache Fri 11 Oct 2013, 11:03 pm

Ok then i should mention my style of riding. I ride moderately agressive, long trips with pillion, and i hope for some track days. I had Sport demon, and i was preety pleased by them, but the rear tire became preety square. I also need a little more grip from the rear tire wich is dancing a lot when breaking or downshift or if take some corners more aggresive, it doesnt inspire confidence. I am also looking for good wet traction as the winter is aproaching. 

So to sum up my priorityes will be 
    1. Good traction in low temp and wet
    2. Wear
    3. Price

090 from bridgestone are Radial tires and comes in sizes that are not default for this vehicle.
    badseeds
    badseeds
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by badseeds Sat 12 Oct 2013, 1:00 am

If your tyre is 'dancing about', your shock absorbers are probably dead. There shouldn't be any bouncing, just a controlled, damped spring. Usually one-and-a-half times.
    ryancook1993
    ryancook1993
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

Post by ryancook1993 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 2:26 pm

I found that bt45s squared off easily and the tread wore quicker than I expected.  I am currently using diablo rosso2's and I am enjoying them so far, seem very grippy and you go up 10 on the rear the same as the racing boys so must be a step in the right direction.
    Tzache
    Tzache
    Crotch Rocketuer
    Crotch Rocketuer

Post by Tzache Sat 12 Oct 2013, 10:23 pm

How many miles you have on diablo rosso 2 ? Didnt they squared off yet ? They are softer than BT45 and more sport oriented tyres. How 10 up feels on your bike compared with stock ? And what model of tires you had besides BT45 ?
    ryancook1993
    ryancook1993
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

Post by ryancook1993 Sat 12 Oct 2013, 11:40 pm

I have about 1000 miles on the rosso's and they havent squared, bearing in mind I ride a 50 mile round trip with 40 miles on the motorway to uni and back. To be honest, ive not noticed the difference atm becuase ive not pushed the bike due to having damaged front suspension at the moment. 
    Also only the bt45 and rosso on this bike. Got supercorsas on my mito though. If you want track time and road I think they are the ones.
    toffeeroffles
    toffeeroffles
    Crotch Rocketuer
    Crotch Rocketuer

Post by toffeeroffles Sun 13 Oct 2013, 1:08 am

I've had one of these on the back for just over 2000 miles. Seems pretty good, especially for the price, £69 fitted from my local Watlings tyres.

Its started to square off a little but has quite a fair bit of tread left, more than half. Grip is good too even compared to my prevoius BT090s, which are one of the best sports tires still but they only lasted about 1500 miles and they were proper squared. To the touch they feel pretty soft. I have had to dig the odd bit of flint out a few times with a screwdriver and they are quite pliable. I would feel pretty confident doing a track day on them.

I'm running the 140/70 profile. They also do two speed ratings, S(110mph?) and H(130mph).

A mate has also had one fitted to his DT 125 R Supermoto and is pretty happy with it. We're both due for fronts soon and will be getting a matching one fitted.

I also run the back pressure high, currently settled on 36psi.
    sullivj
    the 900
    the 900

Post by sullivj Sun 13 Oct 2013, 7:14 am

You're in the South East then? Whereabouts? I'm local to Whatlings in Redhill.
    skyrider
    skyrider
    the 900
    the 900

Post by skyrider Sun 13 Oct 2013, 7:38 pm

Tzache wrote:Ok then i should mention my style of riding. I ride moderately agressive, long trips with pillion, and i hope for some track days. I had Sport demon, and i was preety pleased by them, but the rear tire became preety square. I also need a little more grip from the rear tire wich is dancing a lot when breaking or downshift or if take some corners more aggresive, it doesnt inspire confidence. I am also looking for good wet traction as the winter is aproaching. 

So to sum up my priorityes will be 
    1. Good traction in low temp and wet
    2. Wear
    3. Price
    Well that about covers it in my view as well all three in that order well said that man What tires 737901405 

090 from bridgestone are Radial tires and comes in sizes that are not default for this vehicle.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 10:42 pm