CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

2 posters

Bulb or LED

Caretaker
    Caretaker
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Awesome!

Bulb or LED Empty Bulb or LED

Post by Caretaker Tue 14 Dec 2010, 10:13 pm

I started my bike up this evening and all my lights, ie headlight, brakelights and indicators were working okay.but no background lights on either speedometer or rev counter. I tapped the speedo and its light came on so seems like a loose connection in the speedo. Rev counter light still out. Question is 'what sort of bulb do they have in them- is it an LED or filament bulb?' also how are they accessed...I havent realy had a close look yet as it was in the dark so it may be obvious in daylight...just wanted to shop for the bulb or whatever. Anyone changed theirs anytime?
    ashcroc
    ashcroc
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Bulb or LED Empty Re: Bulb or LED

Post by ashcroc Tue 14 Dec 2010, 11:40 pm

Its standard filament bulbs in there & they're accessed through the back of the clocks.

Its in the haynes manual around page 9.12 (p175 on the download in the links sticky)

Post by Guest Wed 15 Dec 2010, 1:06 pm

Fairly easy job; unscrew the speedo cable, unscrew the rear cowl & remove, then you've got access to the bulbs. You'll probably have to drop the headlight off its bracket to get decent access.
    Caretaker
    Caretaker
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Awesome!

Post by Caretaker Wed 15 Dec 2010, 2:16 pm

Thank you both for the info..... doesnt seems as though there should be any problems then. Its a job for the weekend now.

Cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 8:38 am