CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

5 posters

Dropped bike

Rob the dog
    Rob the dog
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

Dropped bike  Empty Dropped bike

Post by Rob the dog Wed 28 Apr 2021, 6:38 pm

So I pulled up outside my friends house (obviously opposite a pub) without realising that the camber was quite steep got my leg down but could not reach the side stand and slowly watched in horror as my lovely 500 slid down my left leg resting in the gutter affraid , I was too weak to pick it up on my own and then a passing motorist lent a hand. Lucky for me I have crash bars so it just rolled gently and never scratched or bent anything. Anyone else got a cringe worthy experience.
    burudi
    burudi
    Laser Shark
    Laser Shark

Dropped bike  Empty Re: Dropped bike

Post by burudi Wed 28 Apr 2021, 9:02 pm

no news   Dropped bike  1f62b
    cheesepiece1
    cheesepiece1
    Running out of unique names

Post by cheesepiece1 Wed 28 Apr 2021, 9:04 pm

Yeah, mine was caught on my security camera and I kept it saved for a while and re-watched multiple times to remind me what a fool I am. I parked on the side stand at the top of my drive, bit of a camber but nothing huge. Left it running as I was just locking up. Turned around just in time to see it vibrate itself off the stand and onto its side. A gut wrenching experience. I feel your pain.
    Al1040
    Al1040

Post by Al1040 Sat 01 May 2021, 6:47 pm

Rocked up at my local Morrisons a while ago on my old CBX550, kicked the side stand down and proceeded to lean the bike over....
    Unfortunately the side stand had sprung back up Sad and I proceeded to gracefully fall to the ground with the bike resting on top of me, fortunately manged to wriggle out and pick the bike up with a minimal audience...

cheesepiece1 likes this post

Rob the dog
    Rob the dog
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

Post by Rob the dog Sun 02 May 2021, 12:29 am

Good to hear I’m not the only one this sort of thing happens to.

cheesepiece1 likes this post

eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled Sat 22 May 2021, 2:55 pm

I managed to pull into a parking space at at local bike meeting spot (Finchingfield in Essex), misjudged the (very slight) slope and ended up dumping my bike on the ground as I came to a stop.  Not cool.  Thankfully there was only a few people there rather than the hundreds that are sometimes present.

This kind of thing does actually happen to everyone.  I think you can reduce the changes by being careful, but it will get you in the end...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 6:10 pm