CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

2 posters

Still need a fuel tank

joe mc donald
    joe mc donald
    Running out of unique names

Still need a fuel tank Empty Still need a fuel tank

Post by joe mc donald Mon 14 Jun 2021, 4:15 pm

Still need a fuel tank 100_0126
    Peeps surely some one knows where i can get a fuel tank for my 2003 black cb500. Willing to travel willing to pay top price for a black one if possible. Or any good tank to have resprayed. Please i need your help.
                               Joe.
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Still need a fuel tank Empty Re: Still need a fuel tank

Post by eternally_troubled Tue 15 Jun 2021, 12:17 am

I wish could help, except I need my fuel tank too (plus it's in a state, so you wouldn't want it).

There's this one (from Germany) on ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234021555837

Only three small dents and no rust! Mind you, if you are going to get it sprayed they may be able to fill small dents. You'd have to use the tap and cap from your existing tank.

You bike looks in absolutely amazing condition, I was just wandering, do you think it might have sat in a shed with fuel the tank for a good few years (which might not of helped the situation)?

joe mc donald likes this post

joe mc donald
    joe mc donald

Post by joe mc donald Tue 15 Jun 2021, 9:33 am

eternally_troubled wrote:I wish could help, except I need my fuel tank too (plus it's in a state, so you wouldn't want it).

There's this one (from Germany) on ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234021555837

Only three small dents and no rust!  Mind you, if you are going to get it sprayed they may be able to fill small dents.  You'd have to use the tap and cap from your existing tank.

You bike looks in absolutely amazing condition, I was just wandering, do you think it might have sat in a shed with fuel the tank for a good few years (which might not of helped the situation)?

eternally troubled
    Yes it sat in the chaps garage for years and was never started or run until he decided to sell it. Thanks for the help much appreciated
                             Joe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 8:35 pm