CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

2 posters

Honda cb500

joe mc donald
    joe mc donald
    Running out of unique names

Honda cb500 Empty Honda cb500

Post by joe mc donald Fri 05 Nov 2021, 4:27 pm

Right i now have the bits to get this bike back on the road. A good usable faring from Roy Thompson and a dark green tank from Barrie Turner won't be spraying it. Don't know if these  chaps are members but my sincere thanks to them   I am now treating the tank with slosh ethanol treatment and other little jobs and will keep on till the bike is sold or back on the road. The bike is mot'd till next year and i have every mot showing 9000 miles are correct. It has a new chain and it runs so sweet. It can come with the old fairings and tank if wanted. The best offer to £1000 get the bike. But i will listen to any offer if sensible.

DISLIKEHonda cb500 Thumbn20
    Honda cb500 Thumbn21
    Honda cb500 Thumbn22

joe mc donald likes this post

joe mc donald
    joe mc donald

Honda cb500 Empty Re: Honda cb500

Post by joe mc donald Sat 13 Nov 2021, 6:05 pm

Further to my mail above i have now two running bikes and want to sell one to fund work on my Triumph T140. The one above JCA has now a green tank the only one i could find but it looks alright on the Black bike. The tank has been treated with ethanol proof sealer to protect it. And both bike are around the 9000 miles mark. I am prepared to sell any one to the closest offer to £1000 pounds Both are on the road and legal and hopefully will run for ever an a day. The other 03 model here does need a new chain. The one above is a 2000 model. Any questions answered asap. JoeHonda cb500 100_0133
    Honda cb500 100_0132
    Jim Fitz
    Jim Fitz

Post by Jim Fitz Fri 26 Nov 2021, 3:13 pm

Hi Joe.
    New member to the forum, my name is Jim. Do you still have the 2003, Naked CB 500 for sale ? If so, could you please forward onto me as much detail and as many pictures as you can please. I am located in the North West so quite a way from you, hence would like as much info as possible.
    I would appreciate an honest detailed description, known faults, dings dents cracks, paintwork condition, MOT status, V5C present and in your name ? Etc condition of forks, any frame corrosion ? All electrics work ? Registration Mark etc.....
    Thanks for your time Joe, warmest regards Jim
    joe mc donald
    joe mc donald

Post by joe mc donald Fri 26 Nov 2021, 9:45 pm

Jim Fitz wrote:Hi Joe.
    New member to the forum, my name is Jim. Do you still have the 2003, Naked CB 500 for sale ? If so, could you please forward onto me as much detail and as many pictures as you can please. I am located in the North West so quite a way from you, hence would like as much info as possible.
    I would appreciate an honest detailed description, known faults, dings dents cracks, paintwork condition, MOT status, V5C present and in your name ? Etc condition of forks, any frame corrosion ? All electrics work ? Registration Mark etc.....
    Thanks for your time Joe, warmest regards Jim

Jim Fitz
    Sorry that is the only pictures i have at present. The bike is very presentable and does everything it is supposed to do. It is very clean but not showroom clean the wheels are good the shocks are good and have just been serviced. It now has a new chain. And 20 minutes ago i have just changed the oil and filter. But i did lie a little as the tyres are almost on their limit and i won't change them till after Christmas. As from the 1st Dec i intend to ride the faired model. I would replace the mirrors as the look tatty not rusted just not right should be black i was going to spray them. It has a little scrape on the grab rail. It is a quite engine and never has let me down. The price is fixed i am afraid and only because it is winter and bikes don't sell very well. Next spring i will want £1900 what i paid for it or i will keep it as i do love the bike but don't need two.  Joe.
    Jim Fitz
    Jim Fitz

Post by Jim Fitz Fri 26 Nov 2021, 10:08 pm

Hi Joe, thanks for the quick reply mate. Much appreciated. Warm regards Jim

joe mc donald likes this post

joe mc donald
    joe mc donald

Honda cb500 Empty Cb500

Post by joe mc donald Fri 26 Nov 2021, 11:01 pm

Jim Fitz wrote:Hi Joe, thanks for the quick reply mate. Much appreciated. Warm regards Jim

No problem. Joe

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024, 11:03 am