CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

2 posters

Honda cb500

joe mc donald
    joe mc donald
    Running out of unique names

Honda cb500 Empty Honda cb500

Post by joe mc donald Wed 16 Feb 2022, 8:09 pm

Can anyone please tell me how in gods name i adjust that stupid headlight I have tried and tried just doesn't seem to be a way. It is a 2000 model
                        JoeHonda cb500 Thumbn33
    Honda cb500 Thumbn33
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Honda cb500 Empty Re: Honda cb500

Post by Beresford Wed 16 Feb 2022, 10:08 pm

There are 2 adjusting screws, one does vertical and the other horizontal aim. They are accessed with a long screwdriver . You can see the LHS one under the instrument binnacle on the bottom LH corner of the rectangular headlight unit. The upper RHS one you have to feel for. The instructions are in chapter 1 of the Haynes manual.

cheesepiece1 and Al1040 like this post

joe mc donald
    joe mc donald

Honda cb500 Empty Headlight

Post by joe mc donald Sun 20 Feb 2022, 3:22 pm

Beresford wrote:There are 2 adjusting screws, one does vertical and the other horizontal aim. They are accessed with a long screwdriver . You can see the LHS one under the instrument binnacle on the bottom LH corner of the rectangular headlight unit. The upper RHS one you have to feel for. The instructions are in chapter 1 of the Haynes manual.

Beresford
    Nice to hear from you again. Thanks for the advice found them. But I had a second problem my light had snapped at the top fixing luckily i had a spare light.
                             Regards
                                Joe
    Beresford
    Beresford
    the 900
    the 900

Post by Beresford Sun 20 Feb 2022, 8:44 pm

Hi Joe
    Some years ago when I first joined this forum, I had a problem with the headlight which turned out to be the adjuster post broken inside the headlight unit. As replacements were hens teeth I found that it was piossible to open up the supposedly sealed unit using a scalpel. The broken mounting was then accessable to araldite back in position and I reassembled the unit with plumbers silicone.

This was the post, but I'm sorry the photos aren't there any more.
    https://cb500.forumotion.com/t1957-headlight-problem-and-looming-mot?highlight=headlight+repair

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 16 Oct 2024, 11:30 am