CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

3 posters

Front forks- seeking replacements

Penfold
    Penfold

Front forks- seeking replacements Empty Front forks- seeking replacements

Post by Penfold Thu 02 Feb 2023, 1:12 pm

Hello,

My front forks are looking beyond pitted and the seals are leaking. In terms of replacements, is there anything that the forum would recommend? Whilst I’m in there should I replace the springs for something more useful or keep the old, 40k springs?

At the minute the options i’ve seen are circa £600 for fork legs and springs. 

Cheers,
    Chris
    panagiotis
    panagiotis
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

Front forks- seeking replacements Empty Re: Front forks- seeking replacements

Post by panagiotis Thu 16 Feb 2023, 4:39 pm

forum search "forks" will give you 5-6 hours of material to read/think about.
    I have tried Hagons springs , didn't like them and moved to Wilbers

at 40K fork legs pitted ?! share a photo
    Kevb
    Kevb

Post by Kevb Mon 27 Feb 2023, 10:59 am

Hi Chris. I did mine last year. New Honda stanchions from David Silver spares about £170 from memory. Wemoto for fork springs, Wirth, better than original, for about £130. They've transformed the bike. They are 100mm longer. You don't use the Honda original spacer. I'm very happy with them. There's Paolo Tarozzi stanchions if you can't get the OEM ones that seem good but more pricey, or rechroming (Firefox racing in Keighley for example). The stanchions should come with bushes, but if not you'll need those. My stanchions were a mess on a 98 bike at 49k miles.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 11:03 am