CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

2 posters

Engine stall

Ricky
    Ricky

Engine stall Empty Engine stall

Post by Ricky Fri 02 Sep 2022, 4:14 pm

Thanks for allowing me to post.. Recently purchased nice 1999 CB500..really pleased ..delkevic exhaust sounds lovely...the bike drives nice...BUT...!! Thre is a lot of clunking between gears..going up is bad but going down is also bad..new sprocket and chain when l got the  bike ( haven't taken off front chain casing to see if front sprocket is new)...having said that..the bike is really nice to ride..lots of grunt/fun..
    aramis
    aramis
    Godly
    Godly

Engine stall Empty Re: Engine stall

Post by aramis Sat 03 Sep 2022, 8:43 am

Ricky wrote:Thre is a lot of clunking between gears.
    Not knowing your experience, I would say it may be riding technique issue. I get smooth changes most of the times, but when I'm distracted I sometimes get loud CLUNK on upshifting. Are you familiar with throttle work on shifting? Because motorcycle gearbox isn't synchronized like in a car.
    Ricky
    Ricky

Post by Ricky Sat 03 Sep 2022, 10:23 am

Thanks, this makes sense..l have a gn125 and was wondering about the different ride style of both bikes..so l will pesevere. ..l am currently getting her ready for a trip round Scotland on her next week...Backbox-screne-full rain gear- handlebar muffs- ready for the frozen North of scotland.
    aramis
    aramis
    Godly
    Godly

Post by aramis Sat 03 Sep 2022, 5:49 pm

Yeah, changing form 125cc may show some difficulties (my previous bike was 125cc as well). I practiced a lot clutchless shifting, I think it helps the most with proper throttle work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 07 May 2024, 2:01 pm