CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

2 posters

GOT AN FUEL END CAN

GINGER
    GINGER
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

GOT AN FUEL END CAN Empty GOT AN FUEL END CAN

Post by GINGER Fri 22 Jun 2012, 2:23 pm

I Guys and Gurls , I just bought a Fuel End can the midi size in carbon ...... I can not wait to fit it , any things to look out for ? putting it on ? any speacial tool required .

TA Ginger (is getting there) x
    Trollface
    Trollface
    Barry Sheene
    Barry Sheene

Awesome!

GOT AN FUEL END CAN Empty Re: GOT AN FUEL END CAN

Post by Trollface Fri 22 Jun 2012, 3:48 pm

As others have said on here --- fit all fasteners loosely until happy it all lines up and then tighten all up evenly in turn. Silicone sealant in joint between can and link pipe, no need between link pipe and front pipe, but do this up tightly --- turning force is applied when centre stand flies up when you take bike off centre stand. I found on mine that the centre stand only just caught the extension on the Fuel link pipe so I made a little extension forwards from some stout alloy to be sure centre stand didn`t make love to the chain!!
    I also made up a loop of perforated patent band and secured this to the front clamp bolt with another suitable stainless nut --- this loop then secures the breathers in place.
    Having taken care over fitting the Fuel system, I find it follows the line of the bike nicely --- doesn`t jut out as did the original.

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 3:31 pm