CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

[solved]CB500 newbie from Netherlands

cb500motorfiets
    cb500motorfiets
    Scratcher!
    Scratcher!

[solved]CB500 newbie from Netherlands Empty [solved]CB500 newbie from Netherlands

Post by cb500motorfiets Sun 11 May 2014, 9:40 am

Hi all,

I purchased recently a CB500 from 96 with approximately 36550 km on the counter. It was around 950 euro's, so not too expensive.
    It's fun to drive, agile, not too heavy and still able to go on the motorways  with respectable speeds.
    I do have one issue with the bike, and also other technical questions perhaps. That's why I joined the forum....I see one particular issue which CB500 drivers might run into, and that's the cooling.
    My bike spills coolant randomly...but I guess that's something for another topic  Surprised

Pictures will follow soon

Last edited by cb500motorfiets on Sun 11 May 2014, 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : finalize my post)

[solved]CB500 newbie from Netherlands Empty Re: [solved]CB500 newbie from Netherlands

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 11:08 am

Welcome to the club mate! Smile
    Yes there are several possible reasons for coolant blow out, we'll help if we can!
    cb500motorfiets
    cb500motorfiets
    Scratcher!
    Scratcher!

[solved]CB500 newbie from Netherlands Empty Re: [solved]CB500 newbie from Netherlands

Post by cb500motorfiets Sun 11 May 2014, 7:41 pm

Many thanks, after replacing the thermostat and waterpump, I suspect perhaps a small leak between the exhaust/outlet and the cooling system. But I already posted my question on the head gasket subject on the workshop section.
    I've replaced the thermostat and waterpump, but both do not show signs of mal functioning.
    cb500motorfiets
    cb500motorfiets
    Scratcher!
    Scratcher!

[solved]CB500 newbie from Netherlands Empty I've given up on the cb500

Post by cb500motorfiets Wed 30 Jul 2014, 8:27 pm

Unfortunately despite all the efforts of fixing the intermittent coolant spill issue..I made a  change and trade in my cb500 for a yamaha diversion. I was getting desperate after changing so many parts...the Yamaha dealer made me an offer I could not refuse...but I do had some fun times with the cb500.... Smile  today I did test drive the yamaha.
    I must say that both offer a smooth ride..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 7:30 pm