CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

3 posters

Replacing Front Indicator on Faired model

trevor2110
    trevor2110
    Scratcher!
    Scratcher!

Replacing Front Indicator on Faired model Empty Replacing Front Indicator on Faired model

Post by trevor2110 Wed 08 Dec 2010, 7:04 pm

Some idiot pushed my bike over. Got off lucky though, one lever and front indicator broken.
    It's not clear in the Haynes manual how to take off the old indicator. Looking at the indicator asssembly on Wemoto's site it's threaded. Do you need to take the fairing off to remove the indicator? Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers,

Trev
    oldenuff
    oldenuff
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

Replacing Front Indicator on Faired model Empty Replacing the front indicator

Post by oldenuff Wed 08 Dec 2010, 10:04 pm

The front indicators are bolted to two stub fixing points towards the front of the tank. If you stand at the back of the tank and look in the gap between tank and fairing you can see the nuts holding the indicators. You need a socket wrench with a fairly long extension to undo the nots. The 'bolts' are welded to the supports so they are not a problem. Once you have done that follow the wiring from each indicator until you reach a bullet connector and disconnect. You should then be able to wiggle the securing plates off the bolts and extract the indicator through the fairing.
    Re- assembly usually means taking the securing plate off the old adapter and putting it onto the new one and then reversing the process. I find re-assembly takes twice as long as dis-assembly. It is really fiddly. Make sure you get the rubber boots to sit on the fairing properly when you have got the indicator in place. Re-connect the bullet connectors and test. Should take between half an hour and an hour at the most.
    You can get two replacement after market indicators for around £30 which is cheaper than the £35 that Honda charge.
    trevor2110
    trevor2110
    Scratcher!
    Scratcher!

Replacing Front Indicator on Faired model Empty Done it!

Post by trevor2110 Thu 09 Dec 2010, 1:21 pm

Thanks Oldenuff. I shone a torch inside the fairing and spotted the nut. No way a socket would go on mine, there was a bar in the way. I used the 17mm small Honda toolkit spanner. Bit fiddly but not too bad. Took me 40 mins. Luckily I only live a mile from Wemoto, so got one from them, £17
    broc11
    broc11
    Rossi
    Rossi

Replacing Front Indicator on Faired model Empty rear indicator

Post by broc11 Sat 29 Oct 2011, 3:51 am

trevor2110 wrote:Thanks Oldenuff. I shone a torch inside the fairing and spotted the nut. No way a socket would go on mine, there was a bar in the way. I used the 17mm small Honda toolkit spanner. Bit fiddly but not too bad. Took me 40 mins. Luckily I only live a mile from Wemoto, so got one from them, £17

Hi, I dropped the bike today,totaly stupid,thought the side stand was down leaned over expecting it to rest on it and down she went,what an idiot

anyway looking at replacement indicators on ebay and wemoto, thay both seem a good bit shorter than the old one,so wont match the other side, the one i broke must have been the original honda part, you'd think they'd make the replacements the same size?
    oldenuff
    oldenuff
    Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet

Replacing Front Indicator on Faired model Empty Replacing side indicators

Post by oldenuff Sat 29 Oct 2011, 10:03 am

If you pay the postage I will send you a standard indicator. I have an odd one that is no use to me.
    broc11
    broc11
    Rossi
    Rossi

Replacing Front Indicator on Faired model Empty Re: Replacing Front Indicator on Faired model

Post by broc11 Sat 29 Oct 2011, 3:06 pm

oldenuff wrote:If you pay the postage I will send you a standard indicator. I have an odd one that is no use to me.

Thanks very much,how can I pay the postage?I'm in Ireland so prob cost more than normal, i patched the old one up with super glue so it will do for now,

suppose if you have a paypal account I could pay you that way,or if you post it include your address and I will post you back the cost of postage plus a few quid for your trouble,thanks again mate
    trevor2110
    trevor2110
    Scratcher!
    Scratcher!

Replacing Front Indicator on Faired model Empty Re: Replacing Front Indicator on Faired model

Post by trevor2110 Sat 29 Oct 2011, 3:45 pm

Fwiw - The one I got from Wemoto was shorter than the original but it still fitted ok.

Trev
    broc11
    broc11
    Rossi
    Rossi

Post by broc11 Sat 29 Oct 2011, 7:27 pm

trevor2110 wrote:Fwiw - The one I got from Wemoto was shorter than the original but it still fitted ok.

Trev

Thanks, yeah I'm sure it would fit,but wouldnt match the other side, or maybe I'm too fussy,they do stick out a good bit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 7:42 pm