CB500 Club forum
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

3 posters

Coolant top up through coolant reserve tank?

fgclark123
    fgclark123
    Running out of unique names

Coolant top up through coolant reserve tank? Empty Coolant top up through coolant reserve tank?

Post by fgclark123 Tue 20 Nov 2018, 1:10 pm

Hi there, can I top up the coolant through the reserve tank?

I used distilled water this summer, whilst in a hot country, so now back in blighty gotta get the lower freezing point coolant in.

I know how to drain, just need to top up. Don't want to take off the petrol tank if I can avoid it.

Thanks
    Jameshambleton
    Jameshambleton
    the 900
    the 900

Coolant top up through coolant reserve tank? Empty Re: Coolant top up through coolant reserve tank?

Post by Jameshambleton Tue 20 Nov 2018, 5:15 pm

Unless there is 0 air in the system then your coolant will not get siphoned through into the main system
    eternally_troubled
    eternally_troubled
    the 900
    the 900

Awesome!

Coolant top up through coolant reserve tank? Empty Re: Coolant top up through coolant reserve tank?

Post by eternally_troubled Tue 20 Nov 2018, 8:07 pm

You need to take the tank off, no other way.

The thing under the airbox is only a reserviour/overflow - you can put as much antifreeze in there as you want but only a little bit (at most) will ever get into the system.
    fgclark123
    fgclark123

Post by fgclark123 Sun 25 Nov 2018, 9:28 pm

damn, ok thanks. little bit of work then. cheers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024, 7:12 pm